My Cqb Progress... Helmet Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it's done. Wanted to thank everyone here for all the help. Pretty happy with how it turned out after battle damage. Not so happy with my crappy photography. Will try to get some better ones this weekend in the sun. It's been raining every day here after work so these are inside with a flash. Only thing I need to finish is the fans and voice stuff inside. Oh and going to add some thick rubber cutout to fit where the two "mandibles" don't quite meet the face shield.
CQB22.jpg

CQB23.jpg

CQB24.jpg

Okay, just to show the primary colors before messing them up.
CQB19.jpg

Ready as it's going to get. Next update will be the finished helmet.
CQB15.jpg

Okay, the majority of the details are done! Will be ready for final sanding by this weekend and then on to paint! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel!!!! WOO-HOO! Will be a master of bondo sculpting by the time this is done.
CQB11.jpg

CQB09.jpg

Update time! Got it almost-kinda-sorta one color (okay primer, but still) and have begun adding detail. Also working on sculpting the 3 round vent like knobs on the top of the helm, but will hold off showing them until they actually look correct.
CQB07.jpg

CQB08.jpg

Okay, some progress done but a LOOOONG way to go to get this sucker smooth. Getting really sick of saning this by hand! Although thankfully i got a detail sander yesterday for Father's Day! SO progress should be quicker now.
CQB04.jpg

CQB05.jpg

Oh, and heres my handplate completed yesterday to test the color i want to go with, what does everyone think?
LT-HP01.jpg

Hey all, inspired by all the great work being done on here and thought I'd give it a shot. Below is my in-progress CQB helmet. Hopefully I'll be able to update progress regularly. Constructive crits always welcome.

Interior is glassed. Two layers of resin, one layer of matt and a final layer of cloth.
CQB01.jpg

And... bondoing in progress... (I think I just invented a new word... bondoing... looks like bon-doing! Sorry off on a tangent)
CQB03.jpg

CQB02.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looking good for a first post, can't wait to see more progress with your CQB helm.

Good job, man. Check out WetOkole's C.Q.B. thread if you haven't, although I've been wanting to do a C.Q.B., seeing his finished product really inspired me to start/want to finish :D

Also, here's a little hint when you get down to detailing, try to find Robogenisis's HD C.Q.B. helmet and print off the last page. That's all the detail for the helmet, and it can really give you sort of a guide so you know how everything should go ;)

Thanks everyone.... WetOkole's is what really got me off my hindparts to get started! And I'll try to find Robo's HD version for the detail... thanks for the tips.

Excellent job of fiberglassing the helmet: very clean and evenly applied. The bondo layers are also very nicely done. I'm looking forward to seeing more progress on this project of yours.

I don't have any constructive criticism to give, because it looks like everything is perfect so far.

Keep it up.

impressive looks like someone read the forums before they became a member (like me)

first post? gahd, my first post was.....a long time ago :lol:

Oh, and bondoing is a word, just so you know, auto body workers use it all the time :lol:

It looks really good. You can tell you took your time during both the fiberglass and bondo stages. And, it has certainly paid off :)

Keep up the fine work and you'll have an exceptional helm :D

Thanks again all, and yeah, I think I read through the majority of the site before I started working on things.

Bondo progress is slow going as the easy large parts of the helm are done and I won't have my mouse sander until this weekend, so it's all been by hand so far.

I'll get an update up on Sunday, hopefully, as most of the bondo work should be done if I can keep to my time table.

well hey. everything looks good. i'm a noob but iv'e seen lots of crappy helmets. yours looks good. and i love the color for the handpiece.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back