My Custom Reach Armor W.i.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chargedpie

I wanted to make a decent quality helmet and never really got the supplies to do it. well i got it and decided to make the halo reach helmet since the beta was out.

This is my finished product of my helmet, and assault rifle.

well the MASSIVE amounts of wear and tear was to hide all of the mistakes in dremeling down some things and where i was too lazy to sand all the way down

also, blood, whynot

also did the same thing with the AR but i kinda over did it so i sprayed it down alittle

Another thing, visor is not seethrough its just for decoration, that and that i didnt have any thing to make a visor :p

i REally hope to get a full suit eventually made, i think it would be pretty awesome

ZOMBIE SPARTANS!!.... or just really brutal

EDIT: ive decided to start making progress on a full suit, ill try to keep updates and everything but i doubt im going to make extreme progress on it in a short amount of time, since im short on money and supplies

arrepaintwithhelm.jpg

Really nice work for your first attempt, but it would be really impressive if you made a functional visor to fit in the helmet (aka: shiny but see-through)!

EXtreamly good work for a first timer. The assault rifle looks really good, mainly the paint on both the AR and the helmet look really good. Need actual see through visor though. LOL.

other then that your off to a realy great start. Good job and keep it up.

Andrew

Thanks, this wasnt my first helmet. ive made many other pepakura things but never really resined it or could finalize it. this was the first helmet where i had paint, resin, bondo, etc.

this was the first helmet i got to detail and paint :D

here are a couple views of the Assault rifle.

(AR was not bondo'ed, just filled with excess card stock and a layer of resin with light sanding)

IMG_0364.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

Great job man!

I love that accomplished feeling I got when I officially finished my first helmet (Bondo, Paint)

It was my old ODST helmet. Good times :pYou certainly learn a lot from that first time working with Bondo.

Hope everything goes well with your future projects

Alright an update on the armor, i recently ran out of cardstock so i decided to just make mockups out of normal printer paper as scal references i manages to make the entire right side of the body, chest, abplate, and most of the cod piece.
IMG_0404.jpg
(view of some other helmets in the background)

those pieces will probly be discarded after im done
the pieces that i thought were a good scale i made in cardstock(after i got more)
IMG_0401.jpg

the ab plate, right bicep and shoulder are done in cardstock

IMG_0396.jpg

put the armor on my buddy to figure out the scale. ill end up bulking the final project up, decreasing cod size and making the chest piece fit correctly

and finaly just wanted to remake the pistol i made a long time ago
BEFORE (on the left it was my frist attempt at pep'ing, the slide moved back and the clip was removable. was not made with cardstock but with mostly papermache)
IMG_0093.jpg

and heres the new one that ill finish really soon
IMG_0403.jpg

customized m6
ill also add pics of the helmet before paint and resin

woah!
really awesome, looks like youre getting a ton of progress :p
are you planning on getting it done by release?
do you know if you could PM me or email me the cod and m6 pistol pepakura files to me?
the cod piece isnt in the reach thread and was really looking for a new one,thank you so much :)

i think i used the normal detail mark VI codpiece from the halowiki since the cods are mostly the same for every version, and the pistol was the m6x multi-pistol i found while browsing the forum. ill send them too you

i find an xacto knife speeds up the cutting process. That stack of paper is very overwhelming... geez. Lets hope you scaled it correctly haha

i use a pair of scissors to cut the pieces out and i use the pens to score it. i find the scissors faster and the pens prevent accidental cutting and easier to tell what fold are what and what was scored. and with the pens i dont have to make exact lines to have a straight fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back