My Duke Fleed Helmet From Grendizer (Goldorak) Fitted Visor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fett80

Hello everybody, I am new here. I have introduce myself in the ''introduce yourself'' topic.

I have always been passionate about armors. I have been customizing action figures for a very long time and recently, I have decided to go full scale.

My first project is the helmet of Duke Fleed, Actarus or Orion Quest. This caracter have many names because the Grendizer animated serie was a world wide hit back in the ''70'' and the caracter had different names depending on witch contry the show was viewed.

Since it is my first project working full size, I decided to make a simple looking helmet. He is not finish yet, but very close to it. I am missing the vizor and the cap to hide the screws. But I should recive the material shortly that I ordered online to make them.

I know that people here are focusing on Halo armor. But for me, I don't have the skills to sculpt Halo peices of armor since they require tremendous amout of sculpting skills.

Now, about the helmet. I cast my head in plaster so the helmet would be a tight fit. I sculpted the helmet on my plaster head. Then I molded the hole thing. After that, I sculpted the vizor on the helmet and molded it using Rebound 25. The wings on the helmet are made from aluminium.

I know, the paint job is not very good, but I was so exited to to finish my first one that I made a few mistake on the paint, but the next one should have a very nice paint job....I hope!

So here are some picture of the caracter and the helmet. Tell me what you think!!

Looks nice. Stick some kind of visor in there and it will be even better. I vaguely remember this series.

That looks really cool. I don't remember the anime but I've seen it around kind of sort of. Way before my time. But anyways welcome to the forums great helm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back