my emile foam thread (really pic heavy!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
no not yet, concentrating more on the armor for now, pistol is only as far as it is because i work on it inbetween bondo cure times

ok so update time part 1 of this weekend, but before all that i want to give a shout out to Adam for his on-the-fly-on-the-cheap lighting tut. and nick nack patty wack for his awesome scratch builds (will explain in a moment).

ok heres what i have done.
first we have the lights. all i did was buy a few cheap clip on led book lamps, cut out plexi-glass pieces to fit the suit, sand the plexiglass and the piece of plastic protecting the led for the glow instead of the shine, cut a glue stick in half and place it all together.

heres the front off:
Lightsofffront.jpg

front on:
Lightsonfront.jpg

front in the dark:
Frontlightsdark.jpg

front up close off:
Closefrontoff.jpg

front up close on:
Closefronton.jpg

back on:
Backlightsbetter.jpg

back up close off:
Closebackoff.jpg

back up close on:
Closebackon.jpg

the light isnt actually right in the hole but just above them. it shines into the bottom of the hole and the foams natural reflection does the rest. but just to give it a more uniform glow i cut a hot glue stick in half and put it behind the plexiglass so the light would bend and refract.

the rest of my day consisted of painting my ab plate, thigh and shin and constructing the attachment on emiles helmet (thats what the shoutout to nick nack is for). the attachment is scratchmade from cut plexiglass, foam, two pen caps and a little rondo. nick, your scratch built props inspired me to try this so thanks man :)

here's the attachment:
Photo0489.jpg

the base is all plexiglass and the minor details are foam.

here it is where it's supposed to be on the helmet:
Photo0485.jpg

Photo0484.jpg

and here is the visor portion again after being sanded with 1000 grit sand paper.
Photo0488.jpg

i never thought that you could make flat grey primer SHINE but that sand paper sure does do the trick lol

so tommarow ill be finishing up the shin, thigh and ab plate and starting the paint on the helmet so WOOT!!! pics when i get em

oh and when you sand the plexiglass, use 1000 grit sandpaper. very nice uniform fog

I too love the helmet. quick idea, ever thought of vacuum forming the entire visor, then shaving the face on? possibly followed by painting the face because there are like silverish or white transparent paints out there

I too love the helmet. quick idea, ever thought of vacuum forming the entire visor, then shaving the face on? possibly followed by painting the face because there are like silverish or white transparent paints out there
i have thought about just shaving the skull in but i figured i wouldnt get the depth i wanted so im just going to vacuum form it right in
Wow soul, that is lookin sick.
Can't wait to see the Finished product.!
thanks man, i cant wait either
This looks great, in love with the helmet!
im not.........so. much. sanding. D8 jk

ill try and get more pics up tonight

Maybe he means 'dardy?' Either way it's confuzzling.

But it looks awesome! The likeness you can get from foam is simply amazing!

I gotta try one of these someday :D

as promised, here the second part of this week ends proping spree,

basically just painting the thigh, shin and ab plate. oh and i add the top portion of the forearm that i forgot earlier.

Photo0512.jpg

Photo0513.jpg

Photo0501.jpg

Photo0502.jpg

Photo0503.jpg

Photo0506.jpg

Photo0511.jpg

Photo0507.jpg

Photo0505.jpg

Photo0504.jpg

as for the helmet, ive given it its first silver base coat and thats about it for the helmet. i also shaved the pistol down a little more as well.
tell me what you think and ill see you on the forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back