• Finish MK 6 first

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finish EOD to go with MK 6 armor then complete MK6 helm

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

death

Ok, well I wanted to take a small break from the Mark VI armor, so I found something fairly quick and easy to do. It's not the best, but I think it looks awesome. Need to get to the store for some camera batteries, so I should have pics up in about an hour.

EDIT: Ok, ok, lol Iamyourcousin I said I would have them up... Well, here they are. Sorry if some are blurry.

[attachment=2801:front.JPG]

[attachment=2802:left.JPG]

[attachment=2803:right.JPG]

And, me wearing it. I put on some orangish sunglasses under it, but they look black in the picture.

[attachment=2804:wearing_it.JPG]

The eyes seem a little uneven, and same with the little rectangle things under them. Although, I think I have seen other people mention that, so it may be the pepakura file and not us messing up the eyes. No offense intended to the maker.

death said:
Ok, well I wanted to take a small break from the Mark VI armor, so I found something fairly quick and easy to do. It's not the best, but I think it looks awesome. Need to get to the store for some camera batteries, so I should have pics up in about an hour.

You should work on the easy one first, get that out of the way. Then work on your Mark VI last :p Just an opinion

Last edited by a moderator:
I used only hot glue on this one. On other pieces, I used Krazy Glue, but it ran out fast and it bonds flesh instantly, and I kept gluing my fingers together and to the piece of armor. Hot glue seems to work great, and after my fingers became totally callused, it doesn't burn anymore :D And in defense of iamyourcousin, he posted that before I updated with pics.

Edit: For the eyes, should I just find some orange mirrored sunglasses?

Ya like I told you in person swordsman, lol, I only have that problem if I wait too long and it partially dries before I put the tabs together. You need to squeeze them together while it's still wet. It may burn, but my fingers are callused now lol.

hehe i stuck my hand to mah face when i fell asleep while making my helm, and when i woke up, i thought i lost my arm...
also, it looks great!!

:lol: THATS HILARIOUS!!! What did you get it stuck with? Not Krazy Glue I hope, that stuff bonds flesh instantly and it takes a knife to get it off. Literally. I told my friend that and he didn't believe me when I told him I had to literally cut my fingers apart. Luckily I only took off a couple layers of skin...

Also, thanks for the compliments guys!

yea supertaco simplified alot of things on the file
and a tip on this helm death, use mud instead of just plain bondo otherwise the process will take twice as long to smooth out
i'm still working on smoothing mine and i finished gluing it together a month ago :(

death said:
I used only hot glue on this one. On other pieces, I used Krazy Glue, but it ran out fast and it bonds flesh instantly, and I kept gluing my fingers together and to the piece of armor. Hot glue seems to work great, and after my fingers became totally callused, it doesn't burn anymore :D And in defense of iamyourcousin, he posted that before I updated with pics.

Edit: For the eyes, should I just find some orange mirrored sunglasses?

yea i made an EOD helm before but cut the sunglasses to fit in the holes or it will be really uncomfortable. trust me I know

Last edited by a moderator:
I was gonna make the EOD helm by syflo, because it is more detailed and a worth it a bit more.
but i made the recon helmet and scout helmet instead, and im out of cardstock and have to redo my arms :mad:

but the supertaco one is for those who want a helmet without a challenge.

it looks good, keep up the good work :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back