• Primary Blue and Secondary Red

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

HaloHunterChief

Jr Member
Well this halo 3 masterchief costume took wayyyyyyyyyy to long but it's finally time to resin it
with Halloween hastily approaching I wanted to finish something I started about three months ago
I making this tread to show my progress and help anyone with questions or learn from my mistakes

here is the chestplate
D:\IMG_7000.jpg
yeah tell me about it bullseye I have a deadline of two weeks I am trying to rush but im sure I can finish it before Halloween
although quick question I have a motorcycle visor too big for the helmet what tools do u use to cut it

Last edited:
here is the waist piece

don't mind the bad shot its hard to stand it up
IMG_7004.jpg

here is the chestplate
D:\IMG_7000.jpg
yeah tell me about it bullseye I have a deadline of two weeks I am trying to rush but im sure I can finish it before Halloween
although quick question I have a motorcycle visor too big for the helmet what tools do u use to cut it

I used a dremel with a saw tooth cutter. It cuts through the visor material very nice and it doesn't melt it like reinforced cutters do. I tapped off the visor with masking tape to protect it. I would leave an inch more extra all the way around. You can always take away but not put back.

Dec08013.jpg

Just be careful rushing to finish, if you don't do the bondo stage just resin and fiberglass is very brittle and any pieces that tough WILL chip so make sure your scaling/ strapping solution is solid so they collide as little as possible. My first build I rushed for Halloween and it got super beat up just a few times wearing it.

I'm posting how I'm strapping all my pieces to me in my post if you need any ideas. There seems to be a lot of information about everything else but strapping info seems lacking. I have a hard time thinking outside the box but that's just me.

no worries Bullseye I fully intend to do the bondo stage besides I don't have any fiberglass anyway
quick question though how do u strap the visor to helmet

I have no pep building experience so I have a question. How do you harden the inside of a weapon? With a helmet there is a big gaping hole for you to coat with resin and fiberglass. Would you have to split the weapon in half to harden the inside and splice the sucker back together?

I have no pep building experience so I have a question. How do you harden the inside of a weapon? With a helmet there is a big gaping hole for you to coat with resin and fiberglass. Would you have to split the weapon in half to harden the inside and splice the sucker back together?

There are a few options. First, you can harden the outside with a coat of resin, then drill a hole (or a couple holes) to slosh some resin/rondo/smoothcast around inside. Or, like you said, after hardening the outside you can split it, fiberglass it, then hope the Stars have aligned and there was no warping, then epoxy the halves together.

At the end of the day, weapons are better to build from wood, foam, plastic, etc.

There are a few options. First, you can harden the outside with a coat of resin, then drill a hole (or a couple holes) to slosh some resin/rondo/smoothcast around inside. Or, like you said, after hardening the outside you can split it, fiberglass it, then hope the Stars have aligned and there was no warping, then epoxy the halves together.

At the end of the day, weapons are better to build from wood, foam, plastic, etc.

Pep builds are not my forte to begin with, a weapon just seems like masochism. Layer up some XPS and you're good to go in a fraction of the time. I made a H3 Needler with lights in three days with foam, a pep would have me tearing out my hair by day two even with a spacious domed shape of the Needler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back