My First Build and i need Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

SASxHEADSH0Txp

hi guys this is my first costume i am making and this is my plan of what i am going to make
any advice for a n00b thanks

Attachments

• stg james macmillan.jpg
    stg james macmillan.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Can't see the picture........says not authorized. You have to change the setting in the album.

Looks good.......Love the shoulder armor......huge.......

Cool. Just to clarify since I am looking at this on my phone and there is a nasty glare. Rouge helmet, ODST armour and.... I can't make out the shoulder... Commando?
What route you gonna take to make this? Pepakura or foam?

thanks. i just dont know where to start and what to use. i have had people say use foam and others say Pepakura is essayer. its the odst sniper shoulder

Best thing to do is to sift through forum tutorials and other builds so you get an idea how others create their armour. From there, make a breakdown of cost for supplies and see where you'd like to lean towards for materials. You can attempt using foam or Pepakura with smaller pieces to get a better understanding as to which method feels right to you. Hope this helps a little. (I'm sure others will chime in later to offer their advice) :)

Good luck!

There's a lot of great files in the armory for ODST armor. Personally, having tried both pepakura and foam, I think foam is easier. It takes a little while to learn the techniques, but in the end I think it gives you a little more wiggle room to correct mistakes. What I can definitely say is that I've always had more fun building with foam. That's just my personal opinion of course :D

Like everyone has mentioned look through others builds and turorials. I've been building for a few years now and I'm still always looking for new tutorials. start with something like a shin or gauntlet to get a feel for which building method suits you. Either method you choose will take a lot of patience and perseverance. your first pieces might not be quite as good as some of the stuff you see people building here. It' takes a lot of practice and a lot of trial and error. Many people here have hundreds of hours building. So start with something simple and build from there. Your work will get better with experience. I wish you luck with your first build.

Last edited:
I would say try working with both - pepakura cardstock AND foam. You'll see what you prefer using more. Both have pros and cons.
And mostly people recommend using the way they prefer to, but it may not suit you, that's better to try it out yourself.
Best start out with smaller or pieces that are not too complicated.
Personally I prefer pepakura cardstock.

There are tons of tutorials for both cardstock and foam and even many building threads have interesting and helpful content that's worth checking out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back