My First Build Halo Spartan x Greek Spartan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austuck117

I have been meaning to post this for a while now. I actually completed this project a little over a year ago, but never got around to posting the images. So here it is, my first armor build. I built this when I was a Junior and Senior in high school for "Ranger Day," which is basically a field day, with competitions, chariot races, and free dress privileges. I made costumes every year (except freshman year), but had been planning what I would wear Senior year since i was a freshman. I took Latin class and was always a fan of Greek and Roman culture, so I decided to build a cross between a Halo Spartan and a Greek Spartan. I underestimated how difficult it would be and did not really have enough time to do what I originally planned (helmet, chest plate, greaves, gauntlets, spear, and shield), and had to settle with only the helmet and the chest plate. Nevertheless, I was happy with the final product and it was a big hit among my classmates.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 231
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 213
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 212
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 219
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 198
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 207
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 205
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 231
I am currently working on a 2.0 version that will have the greaves, the guantlets, a CQB helmet (instead of a Mark VI), and possibly a new chest plate. I also have plans for a shield and a spear, and adding a plume to the helmet. These are still in the design stage and I only have the helmet and the greaves built in pepakura (have to wait until Spring to start hardening), so it will be a while until I have something that I can show you.

Fun idea! The pictures are coming up as "attachment invalid" on my end, but only in your second post. I can see the first post pictures.

These should work. Thank you for bringing this issue to my attention. Here are the rest of the pictures.

Attachments

• 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 187
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 190
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 204
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 202
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 197
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 200
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 196
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 192
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 178
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 190
  • 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 195
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 188
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 183
  • 28.jpg
    28.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 180
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 174
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 175
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 201
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 173
  • 33.jpg
    33.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 180
Fantastic build.....but one question. Who is the cardboard cut out?

Fantastic build.....but one question. Who is the cardboard cut out?

That's just the package for the tunic I wore under the armor, which was the only thing I bought that was already made and ready to where, though I did take off the gold trim to make it look less costumey and more realistic/rugged. I also had sandals that I made out of some flip-flops that the straps broke off of. I didn't have any leather straps so I had to use a spool of brown cotton (I think it was cotton) strap that I had leftover from some art project years ago. My favorite part though, was the cape. It was pretty cool because it just so happened that the day I was going to where the costume was a windy day, so the cape was flapping behind me and I felt SOOOOO cool. The material kind of looked like a table cloth, but it didn't really matter. The funny thing is, my original idea was for it to be a 300 style Spartan suit, with just the codpiece, helmet, greaves, gauntlets, and no chest plate. But I didn't really have the figure to pull it off, and had a bit too much hair to look like Leonidas. I was still very proud of the final result and am excited to make an upgraded version which I think will turn out REALLY cool. I cant' wait to start posting pictures of it, but that won't be for another 2-4 months when it warms up outside and I've finished assembling the pieces. Sorry for rambling on after answering your question, I just really enjoy talking about this build.

That's just the package for the tunic I wore under the armor, which was the only thing I bought that was already made and ready to where, though I did take off the gold trim to make it look less costumey and more realistic/rugged. I also had sandals that I made out of some flip-flops that the straps broke off of. I didn't have any leather straps so I had to use a spool of brown cotton (I think it was cotton) strap that I had leftover from some art project years ago. My favorite part though, was the cape. It was pretty cool because it just so happened that the day I was going to where the costume was a windy day, so the cape was flapping behind me and I felt SOOOOO cool. The material kind of looked like a table cloth, but it didn't really matter. The funny thing is, my original idea was for it to be a 300 style Spartan suit, with just the codpiece, helmet, greaves, gauntlets, and no chest plate. But I didn't really have the figure to pull it off, and had a bit too much hair to look like Leonidas. I was still very proud of the final result and am excited to make an upgraded version which I think will turn out REALLY cool. I cant' wait to start posting pictures of it, but that won't be for another 2-4 months when it warms up outside and I've finished assembling the pieces. Sorry for rambling on after answering your question, I just really enjoy talking about this build.

Ramble on dude. Its your posting page. Where else to do so, but here? I would be excited also. When I get my act together and start my build, I'll probably be rambling as well.

Not sure why most costume kits I've seen they always gotta bling it up for some reason. Must be an attention grabbing gimmick. Personally the real deal always looked better to me. Build is looking good keep up the good work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back