My first build: Mjolnir Mark V pepakura armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan Ex117

I started this build a while ago for the Halo 4 release, but couldn't finish it by the release date, and not that long afterwards I shipped out to basic. Now that I can actually take it in and finish it, I think I'll start a thread for it! I did make some significant progress before it halted, but I still have a ways to go! I won't have anything new for a couple weeks as I am still waiting for it to be shipped from home, but I do have a few pictures of where I had left off for you guys to look at and maybe offer some pointers. I will also be taking in many ideas so I can make this armor spectacular (at least as good as I can get with a first build). I am hoping to have this done in time for Animazement next year, which shouldn't be a problem.

So, here's where I am currently:

I started with a couple other projects to see my skill level...

DSC00223.JPG

DSC00226.JPG

And after I made this:
DSC00237.JPG

I knew I was good to start:

DSC00255.JPG

DSC00250.JPG

DSC00252.JPG

DSC00251.JPG

DSC00315.JPG

DSC00316.JPG

DSC00313.JPG

DSC00312.JPG

DSC00307.JPG

DSC00311.JPG

I also have the legs made and resin coated as well, but I have no pictures at this time.
All the pieces are made and at least have a resin coat except for the cod and rear plate.
The only pieces with a layer of cloth are the back, chest, and right shoulder.

Once I get my armor here, I will upload more pictures, and continue my work!

You really do seem comfortable working with pep, for a first time project, the folds look quite clean and the proportions work well. Keep it up!

You are off to a good start. Are you using paper or card stock? Because the back of your chest piece looks warped for me.

Looks awesome! :D

Thank you very much!

looks amazing i can't wait to see the final product and how it goes

Thank you! I will post a picture of everything I have done as soon as it gets here!

You are off to a good start. Are you using paper or card stock? Because the back of your chest piece looks warped for me.

I am using paper, and yes the back got a little warped after I glued on the floating light markers, but I can fix that with bondo easily.

Thank you all for commenting, I enjoy hearing feedback of any kind!

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't been on here in a while, but my computer has died. I do however have an update about my armor for you, but its not a good one. It seems that while my armor was just sitting at home, it got badly damaged somehow. some of the pieces I'm going to have to remake, some can be salvaged, but I am still hoping to have this done by Animazement next year.
I will be working very hard to try and get it done by then, & I will update when I can. I will try to have something up by the end of this weekend. if any of you have some advice or know how to repair armor, I would greatly appreciate it if you need to I can post some pictures of the damage but until then I'll update you guys later.

Alright, I don't know if anyone is still looking for updates on this project or not, but it has officially been scrapped in lieu of a foam build which I will be starting next month. I will be making the Halo 4 Master Chief armor minus battle damage. I already have a helmet for it, so it was an obvious choice, lol. I will post a link to the new thread and pictures whenever I start it up! Keep a look out because this one is gonna be great!

Alright, I don't know if anyone is still looking for updates on this project or not, but it has officially been scrapped in lieu of a foam build which I will be starting next month. I will be making the Halo 4 Master Chief armor minus battle damage. I already have a helmet for it, so it was an obvious choice, lol. I will post a link to the new thread and pictures whenever I start it up! Keep a look out because this one is gonna be great!

Awesome! I look forward to your new build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back