Foam ODST: Version 1 was okay. Now for Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finished the putting together the belt. Also test fit again minus the shoulders. I was playing around with them and ended up messing them up. Hopefully I can salvage them or will have to remake them. :confused:
20180327_222121.jpg 20180327_222033.jpg
20180327_221733.jpg

20180327_221800.jpg

Awesome! That's really a great suit you're getting.

I have to ask, what kind of "playing around" led to the breaking of the shoulders? I'm picturing you running around the house like you're on a special ops mission with you son. :ninja:
The "playing around" was adding details and modifying the upper half of the shoulder. For some insane reason I felt that it was too small and added about half an inch to make it look larger. It made it larger all right. The half inch increase made it extremely difficult for me to move my arms without having the shoulders get snagged on the chest rig. I ended up popping the arm cuffs flailing around trying to close up the chest.
Now I am trying to see if I can undo my alterations without completely messing up the shoulders.

Not much to update. I haven't done much the past week. I started filling gaps and smoothing out uneven seams on the helmet. Made a template for the visor.
The shins or greaves or whatever they are called plus the thighs were the first parts I built a year ago. I also used a different contact cement at the time. These parts need a lot of work to smooth out and fill tonnes of gaps. I also had to cut a large chunk out of the backs of the greaves. In real life the way those things are designed its impossible for a person to walk properly, kneel or squat. So I sacrificed game accuracy for functionality.
20180410_214637.jpg

I just love how you inverted some of the foam pieces so that textured side is outward........Got to steal that from you.....

Excellent work trooper! You not only made a solid first foam build but you also made it your own style. I got to say love the work and build man. Welcome to the trooper family!

Sigh... its been a while since my last post. I got hit with the Lazies for 3 weeks and then this past week I have been sick. If I did manage to touch my armour it was mainly gap filling and sanding.

20180508_214330.jpg

On another note, I made a visor! The is prob the biggest step forward in the past month. The hard part is trying how to attach it to the helmet. Right now it's a lot of painters tape holding it in place.

If there is a gap to fill, I would use construction adhesive. Otherwise contact cement will likely be your best bet. Just be sure to use a non-toxic variety.
I've never had a visor actually fit correctly so all of mine are construction adhesive. XD

If there is a gap to fill, I would use construction adhesive. Otherwise contact cement will likely be your best bet. Just be sure to use a non-toxic variety.
I've never had a visor actually fit correctly so all of mine are construction adhesive. XD

Most of mine are heat formed to be jammed in as tightly as possible and then have a craft foam gasket to give the illusion of a perfect fit and the bonus of looking like a gasket was made for the piece!

Nice job getting that visor shape!! Looks great
Funny thing about it is the bottom part of the visor is only being held together with painters tape. I want to see if I can use superglue and kind of tack weld the parts together. If not, I may have to use hot glue ... *shiver* hate using that stuff... :sick:
Will test my "welding" on some scrap bits of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back