Foam ODST: Version 1 was okay. Now for Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that is the case, you might have to either: 1) leave it a bit long and allow for growth or 2) cut it down from now to allow for the cuff....

Now that I look at the forearms... there are some fixes I need to address before I move on to the chest rig.
First, is I left out the cuff at the wrist because of the length of the piece. I will have to add a smaller one. Second fix is the elbow pad thingy. I did a lazy thing and just stuck it on and now it just sticks out like a sore thumb and is screaming at me to be fixed... I will cut it out and fit it better.

The elbow pad is super weird to begin with. In the game I think it's just a texture that warps with the arm. In the Macfarlane toy line it's affixed to the gauntlet like yours is now. I don't have an XBone so I couldn't tell you about any remastered versions but joints like elbows are always weird in older games.

If that is the case, you might have to either: 1) leave it a bit long and allow for growth or 2) cut it down from now to allow for the cuff....
The way it is now there is maybe and 1 inch to an 1 1/2 of space to where my wrist bends. The cuff template is about 3/4 to 1 inch. I may shorten it to about half inch so I still have some range of movement.

You could bevel the interior of the cuff. This will at least cut down on the wrist mobility you loose after you put the cuff on....

The elbow pad is super weird to begin with. In the game I think it's just a texture that warps with the arm. In the Macfarlane toy line it's affixed to the gauntlet like yours is now. I don't have an XBone so I couldn't tell you about any remastered versions but joints like elbows are always weird in older games.
In ODST, I believe there elbow thing is actually sitting on a raised rim. The foam templates does not account for it.The lazy way I put it in was just glue it to the hole where its suppose to go.

Okay. Went back and fixed up the arms. It was just nagging me.
20180220_180432.jpg
TurboCharizard, here is the lazy I was mentioning.
20180220_212848.jpg 20180220_213219.jpg
Made some adjustments, so it fits much better and doesn't move around as much. I also fixed the elbow and added the trim on the bottom.

20180220_180432.jpg

That came out nice. I know working on a finished or already shaped piece is tough. Especially to get it to cut clean and exactly the way you want. I’ll say it again you’ve got some foam skills!!

You forgot to put a shirt on didn't you?..........There are easier ways of waxing your chest and back......cheaper to.......Good luck replacing you skin......Ouchvill: Population, you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back