Foam ODST: Version 1 was okay. Now for Version 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dressform is done. I then dressed it up in my armour. I might end up doing the shoulders again. The size seems a little small.
20180301_215621.jpg 20180301_215655.jpg
20180301_220110.jpg

Dressform is done. I then dressed it up in my armour. I might end up doing the shoulders again. The size seems a little small.

Are the arms of the duct tape dummy the same length as yours? The shoulders look like the correct size since there's a gap between the upper bell and the shoulder strapping of the chest piece. My thoughts are it's just the gauntlet/bracers are just sitting a bit low on the arm and are making the proportions look off.

This is of course coming from me and I looked at a whole buttload of different references from a bunch of media types when making my ODST and it ended up as a mish-mash of a few types just for that A E S T H E T I C and my perception of what is accurate is wonky without having each game character in front of me.

Are the arms of the duct tape dummy the same length as yours? The shoulders look like the correct size since there's a gap between the upper bell and the shoulder strapping of the chest piece. My thoughts are it's just the gauntlet/bracers are just sitting a bit low on the arm and are making the proportions look off.

This is of course coming from me and I looked at a whole buttload of different references from a bunch of media types when making my ODST and it ended up as a mish-mash of a few types just for that A E S T H E T I C and my perception of what is accurate is wonky without having each game character in front of me.
The arms on the dummy are the same length. The bracers are sitting lower than they should. I wasn't able to pull them on high enough. I had to over stuff the dummy so it was firm enough to stand on its own and wouldn't be too squishy and not be able to support any weight.

The arms on the dummy are the same length. The bracers are sitting lower than they should. I wasn't able to pull them on high enough. I had to over stuff the dummy so it was firm enough to stand on its own and wouldn't be too squishy and not be able to support any weight.

What'd you fill PaiganBoi Mk.II with? Expanding foam? Cotton Batting? Newspaper?

Well PB MKII was originally stuffed w/ PB MK I......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D:D, but then you also have to take in to account that after cutting himself out of the tape shirt, most probably did another round of taping of the cuts....that will add more girth to PB MKII, thus the forearms might not fit...and the shoulders look smaller that they actually are.

Now its not look so small.......The more pieces you add, the beefier it will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back