My First (Customised) Mjolnir Suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

Ok, So, Like it says on my member page, I've never completed a whole suit of armour, and I'm kinda new (Though people do comment on my skills with pepakura) but I'm looking to build something special...Well, this is that something special...The only thing is, I need a little advice with a couple of things on making my dream come true...

First off, a real heads up display...My first option was just to make a template of the HUD from H3 and put it on the inside of the visor (Thanks to LT-Grave for the idea)...However, I heard of these little screens that you can program to playing GIF images...I figured a GIF running on a small screen for the motion tracker would look sweet...Anyong know anything about that?

Next, I forget this guys name, but on these forum's he posted an idea of covering his armour in small screens and cameras for that invisibilty trick, I however was thinking of putting three of these screens inside the helmet, with 3 cameras on the outside, and use em to show me whats happening on either side of me, and behind...again, any suggestions?

Now, My armour is gonna consist of the ODST helm, the close quartes body, and the standard high-def mark 6 armour...however, a couple of changes will be made...like a small laser in the side of the helmet (like a laser-designator system), voice-masking built into the helmet, with a PA system so people can hear me clearly, and a reverse PA system so I can hear them clearly...Also, I was looking at mounting a pair of wrist blades on the left forearm (im thinking of using magnets there, so I can remove em)...

And speaking of magnets, another idea of mine was to use heavy duty magnets to hold the guns to the back...

Now, before you go throwing "oh that stuff will never work" at me as many of you often do, I have already worked out most of this stuff, and it WILL work...the purpose of this post, however, is to see if anybody has any BETTER ideas as to how to make it work...

Now, I'm not saying I dont want any criticism, so long as it is constructive...

I have photos of my pepped MK6 helm, which I MAY use instead of the ODST, and a halfway pepped spartan laser, however I will need to post them later tonight/early tomorrow...

So, thank you all in advance, and I look forward to hearing your ideas...Stalker out!

man sounds great! i was actuall thinking of using the magnets to hold my weapons to my armor. what kind of magnets were you panning on using?

If you want more info about those magnets, in this thread, Nintendude talks about how to install them.

Looks like you have a big project lined up.

Best of luck! :)

Adam Anderson said:
man sounds great! i was actuall thinking of using the magnets to hold my weapons to my armor. what kind of magnets were you panning on using?

Divadogeirg said:
Just a suggestion,

For the magnets you should use Neodymium Magnets. They're the strongest I've ever come across. Buy 'em here http://www.kjmagnetics.com/categories.asp?gclid=CLfK0_LRm58CFRT6agodI2E_mg

Frozensnot said:
If you want more info about those magnets, in this thread, Nintendude talks about how to install them.

Looks like you have a big project lined up.

Best of luck! :)

Well, Adam, I think i'll go with Divadogeirg's suggestion of Neodymium...So Divadogeirg, thanks for that suggestion...Also thank you Frozensnot (love the nickname btw:p), that thread was really helpful...Thanks for your help guys, and Adam, lemme know If you get around to putting the magnets into your project, because I'm a fair way off that point, lol...

Also, I was thinking about the design for my wrist blades...I've worked out how i'll set up the magnet system, got the base designed...but I need some help coming up with a good looking pair of blades to use...I WAS going to use the blades from the brute spiker, but figured scratch-starts would look better...So post your suggestions here if you think you have a good design:D

Thanks guys

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, here are the photos I mentioned...first, my MK6 helm, which, I have decided NOT to use, as it was my first high-def model, and so isn't what it COULD/SHOULD be...I have had more success with my models since this attempt, and you can't really tell there's anything really wrong unless you look at the helmet front on (there is a slight bulge at the top off to one side)...so, I will either make ODST, or build another, slightly more high-def model of the MK6...and I have the halfway mark of my laser...so here they are...

MK6 in all it's glory :D

[attachment=14498:med_gallery_19783_1926_13979.jpg]

Me wearing it (here you notice it's imperfections)

[attachment=14499:med_gallery_19783_1926_18595.jpg]

And my laser WIP, soon to be completed, as soon as my parents stop carrying on about homework:p

[attachment=14500:Spartan Laser.jpg]

I don't know if it's just me, but in the pic of you wearing the helmet, it looks a bit big. And I can see that bulge you were talking about. You should maybe try the HD version. It's a bit more of a pain to build, at least it was for me, but it includes a lot more detail than the one you have shown in your picture. :p

HaloGoddess said:
I don't know if it's just me, but in the pic of you wearing the helmet, it looks a bit big. And I can see that bulge you were talking about. You should maybe try the HD version. It's a bit more of a pain to build, at least it was for me, but it includes a lot more detail than the one you have shown in your picture. :p

Ha ha, yeah:p But I got some advice on scaling it...this funny little maths equation, I used for every other part, and it seemed to be right...and it actually said I needed to make the helmet BIGGER, by 2mm, lol...so, I was confused there...and yes, a friend of mine just emailed me a very high-detail model of the helmet...so, I'm gonna try that one, ha ha ha...

Oh, and btw HaloGoddess, I was flicking through your Hyabussa thread a couple weeks ago...LOVE your work, ha ha...it was looking great last I checked...look forward to seeing how it turns out:D

Cheers!

Stalker said:
Thanks dude, that's real good...I was thinking of using a retractable blade system...this helps alot, thank you

Lol, thanks Miky...for the motion tracker I was thinking just have a GIF that shows the expanding ring thing (forgive my lack of technical wording:p lol) and occassionally shows a few yellow blips...but yer, lol, it's definitely a part of the suit I was get running...

DylanMarx said:
Good job so far.

Thanks man

Ok, this is bugging me, a lot!

I've been trying to find/create the animation for my HUD motion sensor, but I can't find anything...no motion tracker image, no gif, no template...Looks like I'll have to make on from scratch, which is only gonna end up lookin crap:(

Can anyone help me here?

Cheers

Ok, here's my first update...not that i really think anybody's watching this thread anymore, but anyway...

[attachment=14661:arm piece.jpg]

A couple of questions...A) does the gap around my elbow look rediculously massive to anybody else? or is it just me? if it is, then i've got no idea what went wrong, cos i can barely get the wrist part over my hand...

[attachment=14662:arm hole.jpg]

:coolim not actually using this piece, as i scrwed up the detailed parts, putting them in LAST, so they didnt work too well...however, i will be designing my wrist blades, and mounting the first version on THIS arm, just to see what it ends up looking like...so, that will be up here soon...

In the mean time, i'll be working on my chest piece for now...

Ok, another update, so soon after my last, i know, but i forgot to put this photo in...

This is the shoulder piece i did, that i screwed up...after having been told about a supposed "fool-proof" sizing method, i thought i'd do fine...but no, me bing me, i managed to break the fool-proof method...i feel so ashamed:( somehow i managed to measure myself 10cm too short, and that threw out the sizing method...*hangs head in shame* no idea how that happened...but anyway...

Here it is...

[attachment=14664:shoulder piecer.jpg]

But, for anyone who watches this thread, im expecting lot's of "lol, u fail"'s, and i deserve it, so go ahead:p

ha ha

(lol ya u fail) ..."First thought"

Nah, bro it's not bad the pep work is good, just a small measuring problem it happens to the best. Ha, my 2nd helmet I made was MC size. :pEdit: Is that the HD model?

Stalker said:
...A) does the gap around my elbow look rediculously massive to anybody else? or is it just me? if it is, then i've got no idea what went wrong, cos i can barely get the wrist part over my hand...

Here's a link to what I did to fix that on my forearm pieces:

Link

It may be a little bit easier to do before you resin, but you really have to be careful not to warp the part.

Here's how they turned out: My W.I.P.

BTW: Expect a few more rebuilds before you complete your suit. I built my HD shins, test fitted them as paper, then resined them. Test fit again, no problems, so I fiberglassed them. Once they cured and hardened, I could not fit my foot through the bottom...

So I scaled them up a bit, and repeated the whole process. Again once I fiberglassed them there was not enough wiggle room in the bottom to get my foot through. Now if I scaled them up even larger they would have looked ridiculously tall so I decided to modify the new set so that I could fit my large feet through.

My point is that I have tried every scaling method I came across, and have yet to see a method that works for all armor parts & body types. The best advice I have used is to build the low def size testers. Most of them can be built rather quickly and they give you a good idea of how the different build heights will fit your body.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back