My First Helmet! Eod

Status
Not open for further replies.
ImaGonnaGetYou said:
Wouldn't that obscure vision because of the glare?

Either that, or EVERYTHING would be red.

Well, yeah, but I'm not TOO concerned about that. I'm hoping it turns everything red. That'd be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheBlackSpot1228 said:
Well, yeah, but I'm not TOO concerned about that. I'm hoping it turns everything red. That'd be awesome.

I'm talking about the glow. You wouldn't be seeing anything, I'd assume.

Now, if you're trying to blind yourself, then you made the right decision putting LED's 2 centimeters from your face.

ImaGonnaGetYou said:
I'm talking about the glow. You wouldn't be seeing anything, I'd assume.

Now, if you're trying to blind yourself, then you made the right decision putting LED's 2 centimeters from your face.

:cautious: True..

They'll be on a switch, of course, so I wouldn't be blinding myself CONSTANTLY...
The glow will be more for display purposes.

I guess I need to think that bit through a little more.

TheBlackSpot1228 said:
:cautious: True..

They'll be on a switch, of course, so I wouldn't be blinding myself CONSTANTLY...
The glow will be more for display purposes.
I guess I need to think that bit through a little more.

You could put the LED's over the black around-the-eyes area, then cover them with some sort of light-distorting plastic to make it glow less intensely?

Dunno, I'm just throwing around ideas.

Well, you could just get sunglasses with the mirrored tint and use the lenses from that. Then you could put red EL wire around the edges. Maybe then it would diffuse evenly enough over the eye pieces but get minimal amount reflected into your eyes?

Just a thought, and sweet idea. I always try to figure out what armor I want to do, but always see these threads where people make it look so awesome, so it gets hard to chose.

edited to further clearify the idea. I'm still asleep

Darkfire said:
Well, you could just get sunglasses with the mirrored tint and use the lenses from that. Then you could put red EL wire around the edges. Maybe then it would diffuse evenly enough over the eye pieces but get minimal amount reflected into your eyes?

Just a thought, and sweet idea. I always try to figure out what armor I want to do, but always see these threads where people make it look so awesome, so it gets hard to chose.

edited to further clearify the idea. I'm still asleep

That's a pretty good idea.
As I was laying in bed waking up this morning, I was thinking of a similar idea. Tint the inside of the lenses, and cover the LED's, or whatever is producing the light, on the inside so it doesn't shine right in my eyes. That way, it just glows outwardly. I think that'd work...

EDIT:
Like this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back