my first odst build

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you need to decrease the size of your pictures BEFORE you upload. They are SO alrge and closeup that it makes it pretty hard to even look at your pics. D:

Its looking good so far but do not take this the wrong way but take your time with your cutting and gluing it is looking a bit rough on the foam. Ofc over time you can cover this up but if you take time with your cuts and gluing it will look a bit cleaner in the end result and save you the trouble of having to touch up as much.

Pep work looks great though keep it up!:)

Hey there, looks good. Just came to say what Nighthawk already said so well.
I Notice you're making pep and foam pieces alongside oneanother? Do you have a plan for uniformly sealing them so that texture is consistant throughout the suit?

How fast are you trying to make this? If you're not trying to meet a short deadline, I'd suggest taking some time to clean up what you already have (EVA foam can sand or file so it'll only take a few minutes to crisp up those bevels) and research your build techniques- like m00sem4n (congrats on 50 posts, btw) implies, there are considerations to multimedia builds- as well as the individual tips and tricks available for each.

For example, it looks like you're sawing the EVA, rather than cutting cleanly through it in single strokes with a vertical blade. On the Pep, your bevel around the inside of the top of the shoulder is uneven and your hot glue is visible. For a quick Halloween build, that's ok, but if you're trying to put something together to keep, it's worth slowing down.

As with all things in Makerdom, patience is ultimately rewarded.

If you're just getting ready for a fancy dress party, feel free to ignore all this; looking good!

Last edited by a moderator:
my deadline was sposed to be Halloween but only had 2 pieces of eva foam left so and my new dead line is Nov 14 just because i have a ctf game happening then and i thot it would be great that i had it done with lights and all

- - - Updated - - -

but sadly i can not resin any thing tell the summer it is late fall :(

Ah, ok then. That makes sense. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Ha, I know your pain there. Trying to Bondo as fast as I can before the weather drops consistently below 45 degrees!

That was 45F, the minimum temp for Bondo. I believe that was 7C, I saw an international instruction leaflet on 3M's site.

Since Bondo is just resin with filler added, I assume the temperature for resin is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back