My first odst

Discussion in 'New Recruits' started by Husky1988, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

So this is my first odst build following dft's videos has taken about 2 months of spare time with one of my lovely friends helping me with all the painting trying to get ready for the melbourne comic con on the 1st of july!

Attached Files:

TurboCharizard likes this.
  2. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Nicely done. What are those side pieces on the hips? I don't recall seeing those on the videos.....unless I missed one.

3. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Side parts and crotch i just made because the areas are bare n felt like i needed to fill them lol

4. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Gotcha. Made my daughter the same DFT version (ODSK actually) and plan to make my son one as well but want to use the other ODST shins, ab and hip plates.Paint work is great....and I like the battle damage. You are missing some identification or logo on your suit.....not 100% necessary but it does fit the genre.

5. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Yeah time restraints have limited wat we prioritised my next build will hopfully be alot better!

6. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

Well regardless.....It look very cool. Good job dude.

7. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Nice job man. Love the weathering. It kinda reminds me of Ironman Mk 1 suit.

8. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

The helmet got more attention then the rest just need to do the visor n attach a few straps here n there n shes all done

Attached Files:

9. Dirtdives

Dirtdives

If I may make a suggestion: Along the bottom edge of the helmet, add an inch or so strip of foam angled inward to "round" it off a bit. The DFT helmet is more bucket like than helmet like. This will also conceal more of the neckline if exposed.

10. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Already thought of that and done it! It really helped finish off the look but really appreciate the feed back!

11. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Almost at the finish line ppl

Attached Files:

PaiganBoi likes this.
  12. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

The ability to sit in full costume is great

Attached Files:

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  13. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Testing testing

Attached Files:

SI3RRA 117 likes this.
  14. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Looks good man. Says your first odst? So is this your first build?

15. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Yup very first build my wife brought me a ticket to Melbourne comic con about two months ago so been working on it in my spare time

16. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Some more progress shots i had taken

Attached Files:

PaiganBoi likes this.
  17. SI3RRA 117

SI3RRA 117

Awesome, your foam work is very clean . ODST armor seems to be al the rage lately. It sure to be a hit at the convention

18. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Hopfully theres a few 405ths there n get some pics with some ppl that know wat they r doing lol

19. PerniciousDuke

PerniciousDuke

Someone who actually finished their suit multiple days before a convention?? *tips hat to you sir. :) Very nice first suit and great time management. I'm sure you'll have a good time at the con. Very jealous.

20. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

Nicely done. Really like the battle damage on the chest plate.

21. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Great way to hide a slip with the blade!

PaiganBoi likes this.
  22. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

A dam shame had to glue the orange tip on

23. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

A dam shame :(

Attached Files:

24. PaiganBoi

PaiganBoi

You couldn't make the tip removable? That way you could do some photos and then put it back on when walking around.

25. Husky1988

Husky1988 New Member

Heated the glue n removed it

PaiganBoi likes this.