My First Pepakura Build xx Noble 6's wrist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muted

Oh my. This build took me about 5 days. Longer then I thought it would. Anyway, let me start by introducing myself.

Hi. I'm Muted.

Okay. I had done a whole load of research before joining the 405th and buying my card stock. I decided it was a good idea to start with something easy, so I tried Noble 6's wrist.
I didn't realize it would be so hard.

Anyway, here are some pictures of the fruit of my labor:

DSC06304.jpg

Doesn't look to hard? Take a look on the inside.

DSC06307.jpg

Anyway, what do you think? I thought it was quite nice really.

I can imagine that a helmet is alot easier? Maybe I'm wrong.
Constructive criticism is highly appreciated.

Muted.

Isn't that the shoulder?

though it looks pretty good for a first, a bit rough but i see you didn't cut the mountain and valley folds a little, that makes a big difference !

but you'll get better by time.

Really you would think most of the helmets are harder, and they usually are, but some of them are extremely simple.

-H3 RECON: I built 2 in 2 days.

-Halo reach Pilot: pretty dang easy to pep., but it has a big visor that must be vac formed.

-Halo reach security: Easy, but the visor is hard to do.

hi there!is it possible for me to ask some questions?im looking for fibreglass resin and unfortunetly in south africa we dont have home depot.can i find fibreglass resin in a similar hardware store

well the resin seems very popular to me. it should be easy to find. if not, u can always order it online =P

Oh, okay. I guess that's better than using a pen, then?

Here is a trick. Put a cardboard underneath the pepakura pieces when you score your pen over the lines. The cardboard will buffer the lines and help folding a lot easier. I still have the same cardboard that I used last year. Or you could also use a rubber cutting mat.

Might I suggest using a good sharp scissors than a X-Acto knife to cut? Trust me, I completed 4 sets of armor just using a pair of scissors with rubber handle.

hi there!is it possible for me to ask some questions?im looking for fibreglass resin and unfortunetly in south africa we dont have home depot.can i find fibreglass resin in a similar hardware store

If you have a walmart it should be in the automotive section..
And in reply to the pictures...That has got to be the brightest pink I've ever seen! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back