My First pepakura helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jev

I have been in the 405th for a couple of weeks silent and have never built a Pepakura helmet, I've decided to take a stab at it and see how it goes!
I'm going to build a halo 3 scout helmet. I'll update the thread as I go through the helmet. I also might be doing some 3D printing of other miscellaneous parts to add to my growing collection of Halo armour.
if you have any advice, I'm all ears so feel free to post any tips in the comments, Thanks!

Ive started building the helmet and its going well enough. I'm currently working on the back neck area.
1611420835806.png

Edit: 24-1-21
I have gone a bit further on and am now getting the hang of pepakura a bit better now, I've started the last few parts on the back of the neck area, soon enough I'm going to start building forward.
Scout helmet 24-1-21.JPG

31-1-21

I'm still working on the helmet just I'm not focusing on it as much , I'm giving 3D printing a go too.
Ill update a bit more slowly as I'm putting this helmet on the backburner.

Last edited:
Looks good so far! What is that in the background? Is that just a white plain background you chose for the pic of part of your build area?

Im using a tray currently until I find a better place to build it.
Looks like a good solution. At least temporarily. I got myself a big ol self healing cutting mat and just plop it down wherever I want to work and that protects the table or whatever from cuts and glue and whatever else dumb thing I'm doing. I do wish it had walls though so my razor would stop rolling away and whatnot. A tray like that seems like a decent way to do it really.

Looks like a good solution. At least temporarily. I got myself a big ol self healing cutting mat and just plop it down wherever I want to work and that protects the table or whatever from cuts and glue and whatever else dumb thing I'm doing. I do wish it had walls though so my razor would stop rolling away and whatnot. A tray like that seems like a decent way to do it really.
I've been thinking about buying a cutting mat, but I have a tray anyways so this will work for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back