My First Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyamon

Hey everyone, I'm keya, recently started on an Iron Man suit, and decided to start posting my progress here since i found pretty much all files here XD

So far I made a helmet, which i left uncolored, I'm building another helmet now which I spray paint, but for my suit I will use another design of helmet (the one designed by dancin_fool), I won't go any further than paper and spray paint so far since I'm very short on money and resources XD

So tell me if I'm doing a good job or not if you like :p

SANY0044.jpg

DSC00522.jpg

Well, while your pepping and painting looks awesome.

You might want to look into bondo or some other comparable substance to smooth it out, and resin to stiffen it up down the road.

If your only planning on maybe using it as a display piece for now though, it should be fine leaving them un-bondoed.

I might use something like bondo in a while, i just dont really know how to use it =/ or how much it costs around here or where i can get it

Keyamon said:
I might use something like bondo in a while, i just dont really know how to use it =/ or how much it costs around here or where i can get it

Well an auto parts store would most likely be your best bet, i can get at wal-mart.

And you can most likely expect to pay anywhere from $20 to possibly $30.

There is a sticky, so you should check those out too, safety and the like.

Last edited by a moderator:
awesome job man ! i prefer you to paint it with resine its not so extreamly expencive.

but belive me you will cry when your helmet get ripped because of no resine inside the paper ..

but it looks realy realy great

Greetz from Germany !

I agree with the other guys, you should at least resin it maybe glass the inside. Looks like a nice pep you did it well, but if you'd rather something a little smoother not so blocky try out Dungbettles helmet file it's really a nice pep. Same one I'm using in my build.

I'll resin it anytime soon once i have the funds for it, I'm nearing the completion of the colored display helmet so I can start on a small piece of armor to see how much I have to scale it.

S7303476-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back