My First Real Official Pep =] (Updated 11-12-09)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cracker

Jr Member
so here are some pics so far of my first real official Pep. i did a few practice runs on some regular printer paper first before i got started just to get the feel of how it all was going to go together. once i started to get the hang of it i did it on my card stock paper. here are the pics of the progress so far. its not complete yet, but im pretty close! :D let me know what u guys think and stuff so far. feedback is always good =]

-Cracker-

100_1062.jpg

100_1063.jpg

100_1064.jpg

100_1065.jpg

100_1066.jpg

100_1067.jpg

100_1068.jpg

couldn't really tell you if it was high or low def. :pthe file is " MKVI_Helmet_ROBOGENESIS " all i knew was it was a Mark 6 armor set i DL'd from the wiki site. but yes, its the back end of my spartan mark 6 helmet (most of it anyways) so far.

umm well mines the LD version
212026.jpg

if its low itll look like that.

if its High ....itll look better >_> XD

Jyoumon said:
umm well mines the LD version
212026.jpg

if its low itll look like that.

if its High ....itll look better >_> XD

im pretty sure its high then. :pit has spots for the 4 lights on the helmet that i just finished putting together.

edit: this is what the Pep file looks like.

halo_helm.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yep high, thought so XD...ohh boy..have fun with those edges the HD helms a *itch to get together inside.

course i use hotglue sooo.....oww too

Looking good for your first try. I started on something simple i.e. the boots and worked my way up. Hot glue works pretty good though Jyoumon, just get one with a low temp setting. That's what I did.

if im not mistaken i believe that is actually a lo def helm. the only HD mkvi buckets that i know of are flyingsquirle's old and new files, rundowns file, and the one by DF4L

well whatever it is (high or low def) its turning out pretty good so far. im just using regular elmers school glue and a cue tip to apply it, should i be using a dif glue? gorilla glue perhaps? :p

That actually looks like either a Normal-def or Hi-def with a high threshold. If you changed the threshold setting to 160 degrees, it would've been smoother.

As for the glue, I prefer hot glue.

As for the glue, I prefer hot glue.

might i ask why? does it hold better or some sort of secret i dont know about it :p(i dont currently own a hot glue gun, but they are pretty inexpensive)

Cracker said:
might i ask why? does it hold better or some sort of secret i dont know about it :p(i dont currently own a hot glue gun, but they are pretty inexpensive)

It dried fast and if I glued something wrong, I could just re-melt the glue with the tip of the gun and readjust it without shredding a flap.

Queen said:
It dried fast and if I glued something wrong, I could just re-melt the glue with the tip of the gun and readjust it without shredding a flap.

ahhh i see. so far with those problems i have been taking the tip of my box cutter and slicing between the flap and glue point, seems to be working alright so far. no harm no foul :pthx for the info though, i will keep it in mind for the future.

moar (yes i said moar) pics of my progess! almost done :D

PS: There are lots of pics, not for dial up! :p

-

--

---

----

-----

------

-------

--------

---------

----------

-----------

100_1069.jpg

100_1070.jpg

100_1071.jpg

100_1072.jpg

100_1073.jpg

100_1074.jpg

100_1075.jpg

100_1076.jpg

100_1077.jpg

100_1078.jpg

100_1080.jpg

100_1081.jpg

100_1082.jpg

100_1083.jpg

100_1084.jpg

100_1085.jpg

Dont say i didnt warn you that there was a lot.

ba2808 said:
wow your folds look perfect for your first pep.

well if you look closely and zoom in u can tell they are far from perfect :pbut thanks for the compliment. and my kitten got a hold of it and bent it a little and chewed some holes in it and broke some tabs. :( after beating her (only a little) i fixed it up by gluing/constructing new tabs out of regular printer paper. seems to hold pretty good so far. Damn Cat.......

-Cracker-

The pep looks good! If there are braces that will help eliminate warping. I am a hot glue guy myself. Like queen said, it sets quickly and it is nice to be able to adjust your tabs. You can fine tune your curves and etc, and it is cheap to boot. It does get a bit toasty when you are doing finicky work, but your fingers get used to it quick. It also helps if you play the guitar, I already had calluses, so I don't feel it too much. Best of luck with the rest of the pep, hope your cat doesn't get in the way again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back