my first real suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokelia

first of all, thanks for a great community where alot of questions are answered!

many years ago i attended a halloweenparty, with a master chief suit bought from a local shop.
it wasnt really good quality nor was it a pleasent suit to wear since all the sharp edges of the helmet gave me rashburns all over my neck.

i wanted to make a real suit, but i never got around to start with the pepacura-race.

2 years ago i realised that a 3D printer would make the job effort alot smaller and i would swear alot less during the build.

so i started to build a 3D printer, and then of course i realised "if i got 2 printers...and larger ones this would go alot faster!"

so i bought and built an even larger printer.

6 days ago the machines was ready to start print everything!

im using Halo 4 Helmet Full Size A by big_red_frog as reference and will be altering some of the STL files to fit my vision.

but all credit goes to Big_red_frog on thingiverse for making the base files.

i accounted about 60 hours on print and about 1.1kg filament
now, nearly finished with the helmet i think about 75 hours and 1kg filament is more accurate.

plastic primer will be added once assembled and then sanding before painting.

helmet 50.jpg helmet80.jpg

first of all, thanks for a great community where alot of questions are answered!

many years ago i attended a halloweenparty, with a master chief suit bought from a local shop.
it wasnt really good quality nor was it a pleasent suit to wear since all the sharp edges of the helmet gave me rashburns all over my neck.

i wanted to make a real suit, but i never got around to start with the pepacura-race.

2 years ago i realised that a 3D printer would make the job effort alot smaller and i would swear alot less during the build.

so i started to build a 3D printer, and then of course i realised "if i got 2 printers...and larger ones this would go alot faster!"

so i bought and built an even larger printer.

6 days ago the machines was ready to start print everything!

im using Halo 4 Helmet Full Size A by big_red_frog as reference and will be altering some of the STL files to fit my vision.

but all credit goes to Big_red_frog on thingiverse for making the base files.

i accounted about 60 hours on print and about 1.1kg filament
now, nearly finished with the helmet i think about 75 hours and 1kg filament is more accurate.

plastic primer will be added once assembled and then sanding before painting.

View attachment 255329 View attachment 255330

It could just be the angle that you took that picture at but how is the fit of the helmet? It looks like it'll be pretty tight in and possibly a squeeze on your ears or forcing you to be a silent protagonist through limiting chin movement.

i think its the angle. im working on the glueing as we speak.

the base design is so you can dismount the chinpiece and the peak.
i realised that fully assembled i can fit the helmet about my head. so i will build it as 1 single piece.

when on my head i would say i have about 2cm around my head wich will be perfect for the padding i will be using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back