My First set of Armor, in planning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrubpig

Okay, I've never built any armor, but my cousin does, and I have a pretty good idea how to make armor. Should I use Pepakura? Or foam? I kind of want to use foam for everything, and then pep for the helmet. Any thoughts? Oh, And this is what I hope to achieve :p

(just right click and open in new tab if it doesn't show in post)

And I never really have done pepakura before, and it kinda looks intimidating.

UPDATE:

Okay, just a quick Question. Should I do a robot right arm, or normal like the pic?
I was also thinking of doing a tactical tacpad forearm. thoughts?

welcome to the 405th but you should first know that planning threads are prohibited and if you start a work in progress thread you have to start it with a picture. Now as for what to make your armor with. Foam is a very good medium but it takes a lot of thought in working with since a lot of the pepakura templates arent Foam friendly. But you can get amazing results and fast too with out needing to sand for days-weeks. I'm using Foam for my main body and my helmet has been the pepakura->bondo route. My advice is to look at other builds to see what results they get with both mediums. Personally I think with enough time bondo gives you the smoothest finish but Foam is faster, flexible and most importantly lighter. as for cost. in the end its pretty close but since your starting armor building you should already be ready to accept its cost. You could even go at it with a mix. Foam only certain parts but use the standard bondo method on the rest. Good luck on your decision!

Thanks for the warning! And I agree. I was going to do pep for the helm, and foam for the torso, cod piece, and maybe shoulders, handplates, forearms, and boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back