My First Try At Making Armor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

X502XedgeX

Hey guys

so i am really new to this, and would just like to say thank you to everyone who in-directly helped me, through advice, and the tuts on this website, so thanks goes out to you all...

anyways i started this project in school, and worked on it almost every period for 3-4 days,
and this is what it looks like....

i know its not perfect but any and all help/critism is welcomed and appericated thank you agian

edit:i tried to add more pics but it wouldnt let me.....prolly just tried to add to many i will add more later though

It's really quite good, especially for a first attempt. It looks like a simpler file, so maybe you can graduate to something more detailed in the future. Great start! And an awesome helmet to start with too.

thanks guys,

the very sad thing is that it doesnt fit my head though, i just didnt size it right, its where i have trouble, but i will still finish it, pratice makes perfect right

It doesn't fit? Did you try to trim the bottom of it? Some helmets require this in order to fit.

no i did not try that, i planned to do it when i got through with the resgin though, and if it still didnt fit right, then i will just have ti chalk it up to pratice i guess...

thanks for the support guys, but due to the lack of money...i dont have the resgin or fiberglass, so i am starting on a recon helmet pep....just more pratice, when i get the cash i will get the resgin and start that stage of this armor,

and one more thing does anyone have any links to some high detail armor, like the EOD, busa, and recon to be exact?

thanks for everything guys, you all inspire me to do great things!

It never hurts to pep till you can't pep no more!

After resining the outside... think about slush casting the inside of the pieces with either the smooth cast or alumilite regular. I just did it to a robogenesis left fore arm and while messy (I have no patience) it worked great! Cuts out the over all cost of extra resin and fiberglass...

thanks guys, and to das brutus, i really dont know what you talking about to be honest....

but i just found out that i need 1700 dollars to fix a wall i wrecked into on accident during a bad thunderstorm......sucks cuz i prolly wont be able to get past the pep stage on any of my armor for a while..

any and all donations would be helpful just pm me hahaha...but thanks guys i will keep trying and let you all know whats going on

Of course your own personal life comes first than armor, we can all wait for the armor hehe

Goodluck, are you ok after that wreck?????

yeah im fine, and my car didnt get messed up at all, i drive a 94 thunderbird, so that kinda tells ya why. but i dnt have any money at all, and im going crazy over this.......it depresses me alot....with getting ready for college, and my new job, and graduating highschool, and now this......it just seems like way too much to take in all at once ya know

good news, i got paid, bad news it was only for 1 week,
i think that satan owns walmart haha

but anywho back to the armor
i havent been able to get any futhur on the body of the EOD armor, but i have started on the recon helmet, and i will be putting up pics in this thread of it when the time comes, so this is now my EOD/recon thread if thats allowed haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back