My Fs Hd Mark Vi Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilyankee93

Ok this is my first helmet, and I decided to tackle the FS HD helmet. It is not done yet, it needs more bondo and sanding. I was just messing around with the paint just to see, I want that dirty-used look. So here are my pics, please criticize it. Any suggestions will help a lot !

HALOHELMET9-23-08006.jpg

HALOHELMET9-23-08005.jpg

HALOHELMET9-23-08004.jpg

HALOHELMET9-23-08003.jpg

HALOHELMET9-23-08002.jpg

HALOHELMET9-23-08001.jpg

Remember it needs more bondo and sanding b/c I do want it to be as smooth as possible! So please what do you guys think?

Yeah.... you should probably re do the helmet, sorry, but next time when you make it, put in the support struts, and the resin it.

RadioactiV777 said:
Yeah.... you should probably re do the helmet, sorry, but next time when you make it, put in the support struts, and the resin it.

Ok does it look crooked or something? I'm new to this...it looks good to me. I think it just needs more bondo on some parts and sanding. A lot of sanding.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, it looks warped in a lot of places and also sagging in other, a lil unsymmetrical and a lot of rough edges.

And trust me, from someone who thought he could solve any defect with bondo, don't try that.

Even though you don't think so, you'll finish another helmet faster than you will bondo, sand, bondo, sand, to fix those problems, trust me.

A great first start, but that one might just be scrap.

Stuff your helmet with old T-shirt next time to it will keep its structure when you resin the outside, that helps a TON.

PhantomSG13 said:
Yeah, it looks warped in a lot of places and also sagging in other, a lil unsymmetrical and a lot of rough edges.

And trust me, from someone who thought he could solve any defect with bondo, don't try that.

Even though you don't think so, you'll finish another helmet faster than you will bondo, sand, bondo, sand, to fix those problems, trust me.

A great first start, but that one might just be scrap.

Stuff your helmet with old T-shirt next time to it will keep its structure when you resin the outside, that helps a TON.

Alright guys I'm already on my other one. I will definitely stuff a -shirt in it. That is genious! Thanks evryone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back