My grandpa had a heart attack...

Status
Not open for further replies.

seaninja

At about 4:00 A.M. this morning my grandpa had a heart attack. Now before you ask, he is doing ok. I find it kind of amazing and kind of stupid that he drove himself almost 30 min. to the hospital. We found out that he had two blockages with one of them in his main artery. I went up to the hospital at around 6 or 7 O'clock and just got back home. He is awake and doing ok, but he has to stay for three days in the ICU. I also found out that my grandmother on the other side of my family had a heart attack a few weeks ago while I was helping her clean her house for her weekly mahjong game... I was there and I didn't even know about it... goes to show that nobody tells me anything anymore...
All this talk of heart attacks is making me hurt... but most of my pain is from trying to get over bronchitis.

I think your grandpa is a spartan. o.o
lol I think he is a little too short to be a spartan. I just hope nothing else happens. He still has his crazy sense of humor, so I think he is going to be ok. When I got there, they were in the middle of the heart catheterization and putting the stints in.

Man, I feel your pain. My grandpa had probably 4 or 5+ heart attacks. He had some major heart problems. In and out of surgery. He died as the longest living in our family a couple years back. He might've been a bit crazy, but that's just his toughness from the Navy :/ I hope your grandpa will do ok man.

Glad he's doing ok and by the sounds of it he's tough. Hope he'll be ok. Take it easy.

Glad he's doing ok and by the sounds of it he's tough. Hope he'll be ok. Take it easy.

Yeah he is pretty tough. I guess he picked that up from being in the navy. I'll try to take it easy, but it's kind of unnerving knowing that two grandparents had a heart less than three weeks apart.

When my dad had his heart attacks (he had a total of 4), he was driving. He made an appointment to get something for the "chest pain". The doctor called him back within a minute or so and told him to go to the nearest E.R. A quadruple bypass and weeks of "taking it easy", and he's back to his grumpy old self. He also found out that he had a clot in an artery in his neck and he's diabetic. He's supposed to be on a diabetic diet and he needs to exercise daily, but being ex military, he's stubborn. "I got plenty of exercise in Vietnam." His brother is now living with him to keep an eye on him. My dad thinks my uncle is there so my dad can keep an eye on my uncle. (he is recovering from cancer --also ex military and just as stubborn)

The diabetic diet is also a heart healthy diet. Get whole grain (not "enriched flour") bread. Heart disease is treatable, death is not. Convincing a parent or grandparent is difficult because they are older and "wiser". Good luck to you and your family.

I feel you man . My father has a chronic , un-diagnosed lung condition that not even the University of Michigan Hospital (the #3 hospital in the world) can figure out . Medical conditions and problems tend to be tough to deal with . Sorry to hear about your grandfather . My prayers are with you and your family .

-Jacob

Well I just got back from the hospital and he looks a lot better than he did yesterday, but he has to stay for three more days than we origianaly thought. He had to have another heart catherizatin today, because he got sick last night and the doctors thought the stints didn't work.

Good news! I just found out that he was released from the hospital today. Thanks for all of the prayers guys.

Just found out that my grandfather had to go back into the hospital. He started spitting up blood. It could be because he is taking a lot of blood thinners, but we are not sure right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back