My Halo 1 Armor Build (Can't post in creation.....)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree with the others about the tape, I know for a fact that the tape will show when you go to paint your armor it will be hard to hide, you can still use elmers glue just put it on thin kind of like rubbing it on with your finger so its not runny I would say a paper thin coat and it will dry quickly

I understand, but please, may I make corrections ( @ sk8talmost)

1. I am not using resin, I am hardening with hot glue

2. I DO fold before TAPING because my ONLY AVAILABLE GLUE is elmer's WASHABLE SCHOOL glue, using tape is sadly the best idea with my current supplies

3. Yes, I know I should re-pep it......

4. ....................................................................THanks for the critisism! I am always welcome to suggestions and comments, good or bad :) :)

xian zai zai jian! (For now, goodbye! Chinese)

Sorry hyperballstik, i must have not finished posting by the time you posted.....@ you!:)

Ok, so maybe tape ISN'T the best idea.....it's just..... tape is easier, and if I am REALLY CAREFUL (which I am not :)) then I could do an outer coating with hot glue to make it feel really smooth on the outside.... this would require help...maybe a friend........... anyways, I guess I will try elmer's glue.... and with the hot glue inside the piece... I JUST might be able to rip the tape off the outside, as the glue would hold.......

Thanks for the idea of the REALLY thin elmer's glue.....but I am always so scared it will pop apart because of torque when folding pieces on themselves. :(

THanks lots!

xian zai zai jian! (For now, goodbye! Chinese)

p.s. sorry guys.... but this might become one of those weekly update threads... as I am gone the entire spring break so I can't catch up on anything, and I've got school as well..... but I will start working on the chest soon! :) :)

I want to let you know, you're doing a wonderful job on your first build! Your helmet came out much better than my first helmet.

After seeing this, I'm going to test out a piece I've been working on and use your methods (I'm hot gluing it right now).

I would like to make a suggestion, using the white glue (I use Elmer's washable school glue) gives you time to adjust the piece before it is "locked" into place.

I will be watching this thread as I have an 11 year old son who has no patience for building and want to show him there are people his age who do attempt difficult (even for much older people) projects. You sir have a fortitude some adults could learn from. I salute you.

Dizz

THanks for all the comments, compliments and suggestions guys! (especially you, Dizzerak :))

I am going to be gone for a week and will not post....well, I might, but there is a 99% chance I will not post anything with photos or progress reports for a week. Just letting you guys know, and Dizzerak, please send me a PM on how you think of the hot glue method..... THanks :)

zai jian (just plain goodbye in chinese :))

i know a lot of people use elmers glue and latex glue, but im sticking to my guns continuing to sport the hot glue gun. Its a lot faster and if you accidentally glue it wrong, you can just heat it up to unglue it to fix a mistake. but also, you should take your time even though its a faster method, remember the story of the Tortise and the Hare<?

The best thing to do if you are re pepping is to just take your time and have pepakura designer up while you put your piece together so you can look at it. You need to get your piece as close looking to the picture as possible. And i'm sure you will do great with your next pep!

Yeah, I guess you guys are right.... I don't have the patience most people do..... I'll try to take this slowly.... I just have a crap load of friends at school who LOVE halo and I want to finish quickly...... ok, I'll redo the helm and take it slow :)

Anyways, does anyone recommend where to start building the breastplate+back for halo 1 with minimal warping???? It would be greatly appreciated, as I am going to try the breastplate+back when I get home from spring break

And lastly, for verification, does anyone think I should redo my shoulder or forearm??? Advice would be VERY helpful

THanks!!! :) :)

some parts are a little warped and for the helmet, i would keep the visor in because it waill support the helmet better but other then that it is coming along good, keep up the good work :)

Be patience and try to do it right the fist time will save your time and money.
my tools for my pep helmet are
c1c8f7d7.jpg

and the result is this
c322dd74.jpg

and this
78a5af9b.jpg

hope this help
sandy

(jaws gaping) oh...........................yeah, y-yeah, that d-does help........... :O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O:O

YOURE GOOD!!!!!!

Is that a mixture with white glue? or just white glue itself?????

I like the ODST helm

THanks for the pics!!!

p.s. I will be starting my chestplate soon! :)

I am glad that help you and I 'm looking forward to see your build. If you need any more help just give me a shout. Oh and all I used is just white glue.

OK guys.......

Sorry I have not posted in a long time, but I have not made any progress because of school...sorry

today after school I am going to an outlet to get some foam mats to try and make everything but the helmet out of foam.....since it is easier.

I'll post soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(after school)

Looks good, but for the helmet, i would use the file i used to make my helmet, it's rhinoc's new HD Mark 5 File

Just go to my thread, you'll see it there, it's also pretty easy.

Good luck!

HaloReplicas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back