My Halo 4 Spartan IV Foam (Pic Heavy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cr4zyDav0

Jr Member
okay, this is my Halo 4 Spartan 4 thread, in the title i said pic heavy, but i won't have an excessive amount of pics.

Any way i will be making this full armor over a few months and will have an update every 2 or 3 days. i will also be making it out of EVA foam (even the helmet, but the helmet will use thinner foam) also i will be making the best i can do with the pepakura files available, and will provide those pepkura foam edits.

first things first, this is my in game spartan iv, and what i plan in doing:
MyHalo4SpartanIVFoamarmorWIPConcept_zps4be87e21.png

Armor Progress:
Helmet: done, painted, and installed visor :)
Torso: In Progress
Right Bicep: done, not painted
Left Bicep: done, and painted
Right Forearm: done, not painted yet
Left forearm: done, not painted yet
Right thigh: not started yet
Left thigh: not started yet
Right Shin: not started yet
Left Shin: not started yet
left and right boots not started yet

Undersuit: pendy's undersuit (awesome, i am gonna try it for my build)

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, i started building some of the armor itself out of EVA foam and finished it in a few hours over the weekend. i decided that i would, for the first part of the whole armor set, to do the right forearm. mainly because that's on of the first pepakura files i had already edited for foam. next i will do the left forearm, then the torso, while also editing more pepakura files, and actually playing Halo 4.
anyway here are the pics of the forearm (not painted):
halo_4_spartan_4_foam_armor_pic_1_of_right_forearm_by_crazydav0-d5n0r2t.jpg

halo_4_spartan_4_foam_armor_pic_2_of_right_forearm_by_crazydav0-d5n46ab.jpg

more detail on the front of it
IMG_0611.jpg

Loving the foam build! What did you use to cut your foam and do you plan on using craft foam to add finer details? Glad to see another foamer here and welcome to the 405th!

Good looking concept Cr4zyDav0,

I've been thinking of doing a custom Spartan IV after playing a bit of 4's multiplayer. Definitely building my ODST first, but some of the Spartan IV armor sets look pretty sweet. Loving the foam. So nice to see others working with it rather than bondo and fiberglass. After that '63 Vette, I'm done with glass.

Looking forward to future progress! Keep it up fellow n00b!

Dude its looking good so far. Quick question, Is there a special Pep file for just foam armor or are you just taking what you need from a regular pep file?

Dude its looking good so far. Quick question, Is there a special Pep file for just foam armor or are you just taking what you need from a regular pep file?

thanks the_Protoman, i am gonna use IronuimCostuming's Recon helmet when he finishes it. i will also be making a foam edit pepakura version and i will post links on this page.

Loving the foam build! What did you use to cut your foam and do you plan on using craft foam to add finer details? Glad to see another foamer here and welcome to the 405th!

thanks bro :) i am just using a standard 'exacto' (i think thats what they are called) craft knife. i am going to, and have already used this technique, of using the knife to cut the EVA foam in half, reducing the thickness. i also use thinner foam as well.
i will be using the recon helmet pepakura file modeled by IroniumCostuming, and will be making it out of thinner 5mm eva foam.

thanks the_Protoman, i am gonna use IronuimCostuming's Recon helmet when he finishes it. i will also be making a foam edit pepakura version and i will post links on this page.

that'd be sweet to post up the foam edits for everyone else! Thanks!

that'd be sweet to post up the foam edits for everyone else! Thanks!

All the foam pepakura files will be in the second post, there are already some there.

Mini UPDATE:
I made the hand plate for the right hand and am gonna make and finish the left forearm tomorrow.

UPDATE: i have finished the left forearm now, meaning i have finished both and onto the next part, the chest.
it took me a while to finish making this forearm because i was also unfolding the pathfinder helmet for foam (half finished).
anyway, here are the pics of the two forearms together
IMG_0656.jpg

IMG_0657.jpg

IMG_0658.jpg

Those forearms look pretty good. In the last picture they appear to fit right to allow movement.

Were you going to smooth out the seams with something first or just go straight to plasti-dip?

Keep up the good work

thanks, i'm gonna sand the seams to get rid of the messy bits of glue.
I don't think i will plasti-dip it because i simply don't know how, or have the materials/money :/
if you could send me a PM telling me more about plati-dip, might be a good idea
thanks again :D

if you could send me a PM telling me more about plati-dip, might be a good idea

check out my tutorials below dude, they detail foam work from the start to the end!
good to see another foam builder among us!

check out my tutorials below dude, they detail foam work from the start to the end!
good to see another foam builder among us!

Thanks DBmike,

I sent him a PM telling him about yours and Drack's tutorials probably right as you replied! Great tutorials bud, they're the reason I'm finally wanting to build Halo costumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back