My Halo 5 Kelly Armor

Discussion in 'Halo Costumes and Armor' started by SunnyLadybug087, Mar 9, 2018.

1. SunnyLadybug087

SunnyLadybug087 New Member

Hey guys. I'm so excited to finally be on the road to having my own set of armor. My husband brkiker has been working hard to build it. If you want to see his progress go check out his thread.

It's a small step, but we finally finished my gloves last night. Here's the video of my movement in them.

We hope to have the boots done next. Until next time, let me know how we're doing.
  2. PerniciousDuke

Congrats! Before I go check out his thread I wanted to let you know the video is "unavailable".
    mblackwell1002 and Dirtdives like this.
  3. brkiker

brkiker RXO 405th Regiment Officer

Thanks for the heads up. It's been taken care of. You should be able to view it now.
  4. PerniciousDuke

Oh wow! Those look great!
    Dirtdives likes this.
  5. SunnyLadybug087

Thanks guys. I'm super excited.
    Dirtdives likes this.
  6. Viper 466

Viper 466

Wow! Those are fantastic.
    Dirtdives and SunnyLadybug087 like this.
  7. SunnyLadybug087

Thanks. I'm happy how they turned out.
    Dirtdives likes this.
  8. Dirtdives

As you should......they look very comfortable and have lost of flex to them.....We need details though......Foam or Pep....and how did you attach each piece to the gloves? Inquiring minds want to know......
  9. SunnyLadybug087

Thanks they are. The base gloves are pair of Mechanix gloves that are vented along the palms. The trigger details are done in foam with the rest of the armor 3D printed. Bear spent a day sanding each piece before he painted them. We used Barge Contact Cement to glue the pieces in place.
    PaiganBoi and TurboCharizard like this.
  10. Dirtdives

Wow....someone who takes that amount of time on just tiny pieces.......the end result would be AMAZING!!!!!! Would take forever.......but the end justifies the means.
    Leiutenant Jaku likes this.
  11. SunnyLadybug087

We continue some progress. Bear finished up my boots, so here I am showing them off.

We discovered he's going to need to add a couple strips of velcro along the toes to keep them in place as I walk.

Let me know what you think.
  12. SoloHellsing

Those boots look just as good as the gloves. The movement looks smooth from the video. What kind of shoe did you use?