My halo reach Jorge helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

FROZENZOMBIES69

<html>
<head>
</head>
<body>
Well i've been looking at this website for a few months and i decided to make my own helmet with one of my buddies so here is the progress that we have made so far.
photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

photo.php

</body>
</html>

I can't quite recall the file it was in a large file full of a bunch of halo pep files but how did you fix this? Was there something wrong with my code?

Anyone have ideas about the visor? I tried a motorcycle visor and tried to bend it with a heat gun but I ended up ruining it. . . . .

why would u heat up the visor ? doesnt it fit the way it is ? its pretty formable and just use some foam to fill it up and epoxy filler to fill the holes . thats how i made it

Anyone have ideas about the visor? I tried a motorcycle visor and tried to bend it with a heat gun but I ended up ruining it. . . . .

you would be surprised just how much flex there is in a motorcycle helmet visor. some of the thicker bubble visors are a bit harder to bend, but generally most regular visors can bend to almost touch end to end without doing any damage to them. i wouldn't recommend doing so just in case it does harm the reflective layer, so you'll just have to take my word some are capable of doing so. as a test run try fitting the damaged visor to see how it would fit without reshaping with heat. if it still won't fit properly, you may have to consider using a vacformer to create a custom visor instead.

why would u heat up the visor ? doesnt it fit the way it is ? its pretty formable and just use some foam to fill it up and epoxy filler to fill the holes . thats how i made it

Check out Blackula's Visor Tutorialhttp://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31352-Tutorial-Install-amp-Detail-your-visorhttp://www.405th.com/showthread.php/31352-Tutorial-Install-amp-Detail-your-visor. Like Stiilus was saying. Those visors are pretty flexible with the exception of the bubbles. The tut I put the link in for will explain how to put it in without heat forming and fill in the gaps that are left to make it look good. I used it on my son's helmet and it turned out great. I didn't use the mighty putty that Blackula used though. I just used JB Weld.

What you have so far is looking really good. I hope this helps and keep up the good work.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I test fit the visor originally the gap between the helmet and visor was just way to much to fill in because of the weird shape of the helmet its kind of like an last helmet with two very sharp corners

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back