My Hd Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I give...

Been trying how to figure out how to do smooth unfolds I dont suppose anyone could give me a pointer could they?

carnage said:
I've not been able to figure out how to make a smooth unfold yet I looked at Oreo's unfold for clues but didn't spot any difference in the settings.

My unfolds are predominantly done by manually hiding one fold line at a time. The only setting I change before I start my work is to change the angle setting from the usual default of 175 degrees to 165. This removes most of the extraneous folds while still leaving plenty of detail to START working from. I'll try to release a video tutorial of my style of unfolding.

Last edited by a moderator:
carnage said:
cheers mate but exactally how do you hide 1 fold at a time?

Ctrl+E. Then pick the eraser tool. Check off any or all the line types you want to affect: mountain, valley, cut, and/or hidden. One thing to note though, lines hidden by the automatic threshold take precedence over any lines you want to manually paint back in, so don't set the threshold too low or you can't paint the details back in.

Or right click on the 2d pattern side and choose "Color Edge." Of course, this is for PD3. If you're using PD2, I don't know what the shortcuts are.

PM me if you have more questions. I think we've hi-jacked Crackhead's thread enough. Sorry Crackhead!

I'm going to be doing my version of the Shin tomorrow ..It will be smooth and be available in left and right but I'm also gonna tweak it a little.

Been playing around with it today and its going to be a combination of the old version and the new version.

@Carnage

I hope it sounds as good as you said it would be :D

But I thought that the shins had no left or right preference.

Cause I'm sure that the old HD model was just one shin.

I decided to work on it now should have it up very soon.

If you look at the back of the shins both old and new you will see the heel section slopes to one side thus determening the left or right shin

I had yet another go at Crackheads Shins

Full Credit goes to Crackhead for making this Model

And also to MrOreo who showed me how to make it smooth. I also followed his style of unfolding as closely as I could but I had to unfold it slightly different in places due to the modifications I made.

You'll notice the Front Back and sides are now more curved like the original version.

I've only done the left Shin so far and depending on feed back recieved I'll do the right shin in the same stlye

Hope you like...fingers crossed

http://www.4shared.com/file/1300568...h_Model_by_CrackHead_Unfolded_By_Carnage.html

crackhead, has anyone sent you pictures of the HD thighs completed? I scaled mine and put one together, but it's a little big and wanted to know or see how high up the thigh the final pep. design is? The HD files are awesome though, thanks for posting them. They look great, and I'm looking forward to finishing my VI suit soon.

Actually alot of the members use my files all the time. If they are big around the part of your thigh that is above the knee cap, I believe if I remember correctly, that was intentional. The reason being that when I took up running I started building muscle in my thighs and my old thighs would no longer fit.

As for how high? well personally if it fits where its not too loose or too tight, the snugger the better, then that would be the correct size. I'm sorry that its probably not the answer you want but I can't tell you what fits you.

crackhead, has anyone sent you pictures of the HD thighs completed? I scaled mine and put one together, but it's a little big and wanted to know or see how high up the thigh the final pep. design is? The HD files are awesome though, thanks for posting them. They look great, and I'm looking forward to finishing my VI suit soon.

I used crackhead's HD thighs, and several other files of his. They all worked out great thanks a lot man. I used a scale of 385mm. I am 6 feet tall and skinny. I had to re-scale them twice but they fit perfect now. If your around 6 feet 385 should work fine for you, if your afraid you thighs are a little bigger, try 395.

Here is a link to my video on youtube showing my thighs some. Hope it helps.

Thread -

Thanks guys. looking forward to getting the shins and thighs done, so my suit will be ready for fiberglass.

I'm glad to see that you're back! So the new thighs are larger around the knee than the old ones? I used your thighs back in 09 when I made my suit and they were super tight around the knee, even after I over scaled them. If the new ones are bigger then I'll definitely look at rebuilding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back