Props My Led Power Setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great find. Will they be small enough to fit in most helmets? Now I need to find the store you got them from.

Ithica

Yeah, they are a little more than half an inch wide. In person they look exactly like the ones in game.

I bought them at Fry's electronics, definitely worth the $5 a piece.

WARNING: Don't build that wiring setup, one of the AA batteries gave out. I was sitting here and all of a sudden heard a hiss noise, one of the AA's burst open :lol: . Well a hole opened up in it and battery fluid squirted out but otherwise not too bad.

I'm just going to have to wire the LED's up with 2 9v batteries, one for each set of LED's. Still don't like the idea of having a Lead Acid battery in my helm even if it is sealed. I may give in and buy one just to make the LED's as bright as they should be.

to be honest mate 12v leds aren't much brighter with 12v then 9v

+ you wired the power up wrong if it looks like this
gallery_9360_856_3304.jpg

if the picture ive put up is wrong nvrm

As requested by ASM, heres my rewiring of the batteries.

Work perfect and the extra 3v to finish up the 12v did make the LED's slightly brighter.
[attachment=8390:DSCF1115.JPG]

Or, go custom, I know that you can get 25 blue (super bright/12.000 mcd) LEDs + 25 resistors of your choice for under $4.50.

That's not only so much cheaper, but you can calculate the voltage/resistors you need. (EDIT: don't mean to bash you, but prefabricated stuff is overrated and expensive)

Example:

4 rechargeable AA batteries = 1.2V * 4 = 4.8V
1 blue LED with forward voltage of 3.2V @ 20 mA
Resistor = (4.8V - 3.2V) / 0.02 A = 80 ohms, nearest resistor is 82 ohms

No it's cool, I can get the bundle stuff for cheap at Fry's but I loved the way these LED's with the mounts built on looked.

I'm more than likely using these LED's for all of my helms now.

Thanks to a comment on Youtube I bought some 12v camera batteries and now I need to custom build some battery cases for them. They are nice and compact, when I get them all set up I will have an update for you guys.

Expect it in the next couple of days (my days off). :D

Very neat info. I will definitely be doing this sort of thing for myself whenever I get my armor up and running so it's nice to have someone's prior knowledge to work off of :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back