My M6g Halo Pistol Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigoz9

Credit to Vrogy.net for file. This is my Halo pistol. It is about 11 inches long and is not yet painted. It was made out of black ABS plastic in a 3D printer. The pistol only ways about 5-10 ounces. The grip needs to be modified and I'm going to scale down the entire model. The next model will have a space for a laser pointer, removable and elongated clip, and will have a more detailed grip and safety.
It takes about 48 hours to create a single pistol. I'm going to try to make a cast of the next model by this summer
Leave comments and Enjoy!

pm me for more info.

[attachment=7724:IMG_1912.JPG]
[attachment=7725:IMG_1934.JPG]
[attachment=7723:IMG_1917.JPG]
[attachment=7722:IMG_1922.JPG]
[attachment=7721:IMG_1925.JPG]

The grip should be fine once the angle is fixed and the contouring is done. I thought about giving it a "bob-long" handle with a Uzi-looking magazine just for fun, but the material was tooooo expensive to mess around like that.

Vrogy's model is somewhat inaccurate because the pistol grip is too narrow. The grips is somewhat supposed to be as thick as the main body.

But damn, that M6G looks sexy! Mad Props to you, man! :D

Yah, but it's mainly the width of the slide that bothers be. The side view is perfect according to a snapshot from the Halo Arms Race video. UPDATE: next week I will have a removable magazine for the model, and a clip of white .50 cal rounds ( anyone know what the clip size for this pistol was? 12-15? )
The picture is not from the video, it is from the halo wikia site

[attachment=7729:800px_M6...e_Handed.jpg]

I'm going to get started on the sniper rifle by the end of this month with some help from the site listed. It's going to be full sized and sweet.

out of curiosity do u own that 3D printer, work at a company and use it, or pay a company to make these for you? just wondering after sitting for 3hrs or so researching others ways to build 3d models. the two being 3d printers and CNC that i could find. anyway that look great cant wait to see the full version of the sniper at some point.

Could you post a pic of the 3D printer you use?
Looks very very awesome! 48 hours!! WOW! Sounds like you can make almost anything then!?

Any primer can be used as long as the model isn't handled by hand,
The printer belongs to the tech center that I intern at, I basically run the station so... I get all the benefits, but I still have to pay for material and printer time.
As for the third question, yes, you can create anything within the size restraints, but this model doesn't use water soluble support material, meaning I have to remove all supports for the model by hand, which sucks.
I did not make the file but I'm currently working with someone to create the EVA helmet,
I think is will be the first made to the extent that we're taking it, correct me if I'm wrong

But the Sniper has been put aside for a while, It will cost almost $1500 IN MATERIAL COSTS ALONE. If any of you would like to front the cash I would make it, but for now I'm just about broke and so... no sniper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back