My Master Chief Helmet from Halo 4/5. It's 3d printed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you guys! I will cast the first Resin copy of the helmet tomorrow and cut out the Visor to make the master for vacuum forming. I'm pretty excited to work on the gold mirror effect and the Honeycomb pattern.

Dirtsen excuse me for asking, but do you have PERMISSION to cast and sell the helmets?
You said you used the file which wasn't yours and modified it. But did you get permission from the author?
Even if you modified it - it doesn't give you rights to sell it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry that i did no clarify that. Yes, i specifically asked about the possibility to make casts and sell them. I am a long time member of the prop community and would never do something like this without the permission of the original modeler. It's good to see that we have each others backs here. In my excitement i forgot to write about this in my first post.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

How much will they be when it comes to selling them!

He posted that he has a thread over on the rpf, so I'd recommend searching him out on the rpf website or sending him a private message. This is his build thread, not a sales thread, and it is against our rules to discuss sales on a public board outside of the marketplace.

The first 2 pulls from the mold were not perfect but now I figured out how to handle it. I used Smooth-On 320 for the first layer to capture all the details bubble free. Then I rotocasted with Smooth-On Onyx to make it a pretty hard cast. This one turned out great. Now I still need to figure out that problem with the Visor.

20160906_135446.jpg
20160906_135500.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back