my mjolnir suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

MC PwN 3R

well, it aint as good as it looks: ripped cardboard due to unsharpened or dull scissors, duct tape flaps, and unpainted parts but for a week, i tip my hat to myself.
but nonetheless, prove me wrong and tell me otherwise, cuz all my friends think its cool, but i want opinions from experts and companions alike with experience. No fiberglass because the timeline proved to be overwhelming...nor is there any resin. The gray stuff is aluminum spraypaint sprayed onto a brush and rustically painted onto corners and ridges to give a veteran like feel.
in anycase, tell me what you think.

004.jpg

the assault rifle, courtesy by my friend, was made of a centre core of wood, sandwiched by foam, and then wrapped in details with cardboard...the nozzle is made of a plastic rod.
Its decent to me...to you it matters to me with your opinion.

thx for giving this noob some advice.

PS. Helm is from the Legendary Edition that i took apart and reglued it together to fit my head.

that's pretty awesome. and out of cardboard? wow. only thing wrong in my opinion is that the Helmut looks kinda out of place.

the few reasons why i didnt make a papakura helm is because
1. my ma gets mad at me when i got an infection from cardboard in my eye, so she wont let me do it.
2. theres no time to make one
3. I barely have any money left from this project

and no, i cannot see out of the visor, and im pretty sad about it...but u can make it fit ur head
and i couldnt find a spray paint that had the same colour as the helm...was thinking of covering unwanted painted parts of the help and spraypaint it, but nah...not yet.

and thx for ur replies

umm card stock is more like paper than card board and it takes about 2 hours to make and paint and it costs about 5 bucks for the card stock for 150 sheets and it costs me about 5 dollars for the visor

pep helm is cheap and easy and you wont get an infection also the visor can be a pop bottle
my only complaint is the chest piece it rides too far back cut the straps on the front section and reconnect it so it fits snugly and in the right position then you can
other than that i like it

I always envy people who can make cardboard obey their constructive purposes. It always resists bending for me, and if it does bend....it adds extra creases! Grrr!

Two questions though:
1. How is the helmet fitting? Did you *only* remove the bottom cover, or did you have to space it a for a larger internal area?
2. Why a green shirt?

Nice job btw. I like the battle-damage detail :cool:

im glad people use cardboard, its how i got started in making some really cool costumes. your's looks ok proportionally, but theres a few things you can do to make it look just as good as a fiberglassed pep suit.

heres a couple of suggestions:

1. make the helmet match the suit, or vice versa.
2. wear black underclothing.
3. when youre weathering the armor, go a little easier on the silver. you want it to look like the edges of the suit got roughed up. another way to make the suit really "pop" is to do all the valley folds with dark detailing, like shadowing. Adam posted a video of him painting a chestplate that way, with shadowing and weathering.
4. draw in some detail with a sharpie, like the vents on the backpack right above the shoulders, and the kneecap pieces. if you do this, and then add shadowing like i mentioned in 3. itll really go a long way.
5. it looks like the backpack is sitting too far back on you, those two vents should be on top of your shoulders. you may want to trim 2-3 inches off of it where it connects to the chestplate, and re-attach it.

It was like one of those old sitcoms when I first saw his pic:

"Wow! That helmet looks really gre- hey waitaminute!"

I agree on the weathering part, less is more. But if nothing else, it's probably more than anyone else had where you were.

Much love.

MysticLegend said:
I always envy people who can make cardboard obey their constructive purposes. It always resists bending for me, and if it does bend....it adds extra creases! Grrr!

Two questions though:
1. How is the helmet fitting? Did you *only* remove the bottom cover, or did you have to space it a for a larger internal area?
2. Why a green shirt?

Nice job btw. I like the battle-damage detail cool.gif

helmet fits if u work ur way around with a philips screwdriver. if u google halo helmet, it should come up with Kotaku and shows images of Mullet Chief. Follow those pics and u'll get the desired result. the green jacket is only temporary.

Blue Vertex said:
It was like one of those old sitcoms when I first saw his pic:

"Wow! That helmet looks really gre- hey waitaminute!"

I agree on the weathering part, less is more. But if nothing else, it's probably more than anyone else had where you were.

Much love.

much love guys...and good news: i won first prize for halloween contest in my high school. good yearbook engraved in gold with my name. Overall Winner: Spartan 397.
planning to win another 50 bucks at my workplace and the town's halloween fest!! peace owt!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back