My Mk Vi Armor (work In Progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain008

Well I finally got around to actually working on it. Let me know what you think. Remember the harder you are the better the suit. :)/smile.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Here are some pics of the Helmet. I used MKVI_HD_HELM_DF4L.pdo from the WIKI (Best WIKI ever).

[attachment=8256:IMAGE_009.jpg] [attachment=8255:IMAGE_008.jpg] [attachment=8257:IMAGE_010.jpg]

Also I have a lot of holes through out the helmet. Whats a good fast way to seal them up and not get the patched look?

Thanks :lol:/laugh.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':lol:' />" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

That actually looks really good :D .

Don't worry about the holes so long as they are small, when you go to resin the outside most of the holes will be filled in if not all of them.

That and if they are big holes they will be covered up by the fiberglass on the inside and after you bondo there will be no patchy look whatsoever.

Yep, looks like a pep file.

Congratulations padawan! You have mastered the scissors and glue gun.

Nice folds. It looks very crisp. My first helmet certainly didn't fold this well. Watch the brim when you glass it. That model has a tendency to bow outward and warp the helm.

Thanks for the props. I just need some opinions, is it better to go fiber glass or use the new plastic coating method that's described in the news letter? Not really worried about strength.

it depends how much money you have. you could strengthen the whole thing for about 20 bucks using fiverglass but using plastic it might cost 40 dallors and require more sanding

Ok so I strayed away from my project and almost labeled it a lost cause. Totally accidental, searching for something else, I found SkullCandy Girl's thread and video on her armor and it resparked the interest. I went and started out with the pepakura and went onto the resin stage. I have to say that it was a lot more of a pain than I thought, and living in an apartment with curious cats didn't help either. I googled some stuff and came across people using styrofoam to make midevil armor. I have some experience with it and was a lot cleaner to engineer. What I want to know is (before I swipe the old check card), can this be a reality or a bust?

Tactical Timmy said:
....I googled some stuff and came across people using styrofoam to make midevil armor. I have some experience with it and was a lot cleaner to engineer. What I want to know is (before I swipe the old check card), can this be a reality or a bust?

Check out metalnemasis01's gallery HERE to see some wicked styrofoam helmets.

Last edited by a moderator:
@ Party Pooper and Da Dude: Thanks for the props... I owe it all to the great tutorials here at the 405th.

@JoeyCoz: Thanks for the link to those pics. That's exactly how I envisioned it. :lol Now its time to figure out how to glue and prep foam.

@metalnemasis01: Hey man great work on those helmets and hand plates. Keep up the good work and keep those updates commin!!!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back