My name is Michael J. Caboose and I. Hate. Babies!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Caboose

Hey everyone,

Obviously my name isn't Caboose. However, I am a Caboose in the RvB group that I start. We are planning on putting armor together and going to Cons and whatnot.

I should introduce myself though:

My name is actually Eli. I am 24 currently. (As of this post, it is 14 days til mah berfday.) I am trying to get into school for Mechanical Engineering. I once served in the Army. Currently I am a Security Officer. And....I don't really know what else to add.

I do want to state the reason why I wanted to join this community:

As I stated above, I am a Caboose in a RvB group that I started. I am REALLY new to all of this to be honest. The process of putting the pepakura is rather hard for me. I have sausage-like fingers, lol. Hence why I am here actually. This is obviously the place to come to read more and get advice on how to go about it.

If there is any advice or whatnot you all would like to share, I would love it. Otherwise, I will be seeing you guys and gals around. ^.^

Armor builds in the works:
Caboose
Bullfrog

Welcome to the community!

Remember to read up on the stickies in the noob forum, they are alot of help. As for your pep work, keep at it, Pepakura takes some time to get down so no worries if you have to throw a few pieces away, its just one step closer to getting a better model lol. And if you find that pep isnt really working for you then may i suggest that you look into foam. It to takes some skill but it can be alot lighter and with some work you can make some awsome stuff from it!

Well good luck man, and again welcome to the 405th!

Cheers,
BearMan

Yeah just look around lots of help is everywhere. I have small hands but pep is still hard for me, I love working with foam though, lets me picture it in my head bigger because not as many small pieces.

My main concern is the durability of the foam. I'll have to look into a way to make it more rigid.

As a side note, we have migrated our group. It's now going to be a Project Freelancer group. ^.^

Freelancers are cool too lol

I've never had problems with foam falling apart, but good luck to either route you choose

My Name Is Foxleader And I Hate Taxes.

yeah big fan of the show too, now as long as you don't pull a tucker at the Con's i'm happy about this build.

Dont worry too much about the strength of foam, all my foam pieces have held up pretty well after extensive wear at cons.

I don't remember who I stole the idea from but I use - all purpose caulk from loctite

This stuff
IMG_1008.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back