Props My New Bullet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

If any of you remember the movie "Wanted" I got this model from a friend of mine and put it up on Shapeways but I'm going the share the renders and a link to the model which I'm not getting any kind of money from this. The cost is just for the materials Shapeways uses. When it's printed and recieved you should be able to put the pieces together.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/339202/wanted_bullet.html?gid=mg

2wex4i1.jpg

2vv6g6q.jpg

http://www.shapeways.com/model/339202/wanted_bullet.html?gid=mghttp://www.shapeways.com/model/339202/wanted_bullet.html?gid=sg100681

Last edited by a moderator:
That is awesome! Sorry I gotta go a little off topic but I was wondering, cause I looked around the Shapeways site at what they do and all, and have you ever thought about uploading like a helmet model or something to make for you?

Yes you can do a Helmet, but you would have to give it a wall thickness , just a thin wall to the 3D Model would do. But like IronicTrout mentioned it would be a bit expensive no guess as to how expensive it could be but it's been done before. I have a friend that he did the Daft Punk Helmets that way and there might be a Helmet model already on Shapeways that you could check into. My guess the printing for a helmet would run anywhere from 100-500 to have done. But it would be a easier way of creating your master for molding. You will want it to be on the High-Poly side of things, a low poly model just would'nt look too good, but you could take something like the H4 Helmet close off the bottom and scale it to the size that you coud turn it into a mini-helmet or keychain. BTW if you cans can vote for the model without buying it that wold be nice.

Tried to have a helmet done through Shapeways a couple years ago. At the thinnest wall thickness, including interior sparsing of the model the cheapest I could get a helmet done for was a little over $500. That was after quite a bit of rework to bring the price down from $1250...

I use these services for smaller objects. Personally I don't like Shapeway's business structure. Your model can get past their automated system and still not be suitable to print and they won't notify you until after you have paid them. Then the best part is they won't offer to give your money back as a refund (unless you request it) instead they give you a credit for whatever you paid so you can buy from their store.

I switched to using Ponoko, they have a US location that they'll make orders out of and from what I've had made so far, a heck of a lot cheaper. I'm having a model I made of Adam Jensen's glasses from Deus Ex printed for $14.

Just an update guys Shapeways has a issue with printing everything but "frosted detail" for some reason it has no problem printing in that, but everything else the wall thickness is'nt good enough for the materials they print with. Hoping to fix the issue soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back