My New Mark Vi Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a question about my visor if anyone can help ive ordered a gold tinted motorbike visor for it but cant see how it will gho around the nose piece will i have to remove this piece or cut visor around it i guess it will need cutting down anyway......

this area here im not sure about...

visorquestion.jpg

update time ok i added some detail pieces still need a bit of a clean up with a knife im not completely happy with them also added a lining helmet fits really good now also trimmed up front so it take visor tried the one from my bike helmet and it fits like a glove so all should be well ......

how you guys fit visor hot glue or some other way ?

IMG00035-20091205-1616.jpg

IMG00034-20091205-1615.jpg

Visor can easily be attached with hot Glue.

also

I don't recommend that much padding.

You only needs a few decent size squares. One at the top of the head 1 on each side of the head. Maybe one at the back

Its just to basically keep it centered on your head.

This will seriously reduce the amount of heat circulating inside. I do that with my Power ranger helmets. Works great

you sure cut it pretty nice though ;)

ok guys it just about done added paint and paint effect pics dont show very well added LED's they work on a switch and just install the visor just this minute overall im really happy with it also cut out slots in pipes in front for vent and got fan in post on the way so will add them when they come slao on a switch might get better camara out to see if i can get a better pic as this was on my phone see what you think

IMG00038-20091211-1722.jpg

IMG00036-20091211-1722.jpg

How did u add the detailed parts to the helmet and were did u get the wired leds. By the way the helmet looks GREAT

Nice, but why didnt you bondo? You could have got it alot smoother =/

You could mod the nose piece and add it infront of the visor.

Very impressive work. For not going thru the tedious bondo and super sanding process I am really liking how clean this turned out! Great job on your lights and on off switch install.

ok merry christmas everyone hope you had a good one i see ive come back to alot of quetions so here goes

Chris.M said:
looks Sweet man! What size LEDs did you decide to go with?

Romeo3144 said:
How did u add the detailed parts to the helmet and were did u get the wired leds. By the way the helmet looks GREAT

the leds i used are here and the detail part i made from foam rubber from an old back protector from my old bike jacket

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360172330764&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

Kodorei said:
Nice, but why didnt you bondo? You could have got it alot smoother =/

You could mod the nose piece and add it infront of the visor.

ok my theory and from what ive seen with my self and other on here im not very good at bondo and i think if you use HD file the detail looks better and cleaner than if i messed it all up with bondo ive seen other do it on here before they make the helmet prime it i think to my self yeah that looks really good then when the start to add bondo they lose alot of the sharp lines and detail witch i think it needs

Bigwillie5 said:
looks very nice, did you ever consider using two visors to achieve the dual visor effect?

not too sure on that one maybe in the future the expensive for what they are all finish the suit first then decide on that one

Altair651 said:
I thought you said there was no warpage?...... There is!?

i said there was no warpage after resin and fiberglass having not used supports and there isnt the helmet has always been that shape and plus if ive added weathering on it and battle damage a real helmet wouldnt be in tip top shape anyway

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back