My New Mk VI Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spartan 270

So after looking back at my old armor, I decided to make some improvements and what not. This armor is purely homemade and hand crafted by me. I still dont have the rest of the underarmor however. I still got a little more work to do. I have to add the details on the thigh plates, recoat the chest, fore arms, and shins. :D Anyway, heres the pics.

100_1005.jpg

100_1010.jpg

zero2-3.jpg

Um... is that foil?
And anyhow, I think its pretty good for... paper? Cardboard? Well whatever it is I like it, just looks a little flimsy.
I am working on my cardboard suit, and not to brag, but my helmet is better looking, then again, I did have a lot more time to do it, and I still gotta mod it a bit. I wish I could post pics, but I don't have any sort of camera to use, my cell phone service got cut off, so I can't even use that!
BUT, don't mind my ranting, I really like it. Now go hit up your local gamestop and rob em.

Nice, what's it made out of? it looks like large amounts of duct tape were involved. :p
Good job, i haven't seen many completed suits from scratch.

I made it from cardboard and loads of ducktape. ;) And its pretty sturdy. I got shot by an automatic airsoft and the BBs bounced right off.

Wow, thats pretty cool. But was it a mini-electric BB gun? Because those things are pretty damn weak <___<
I haven't started my torso piece yet, I am starting with the limb parts first. Look at my sig. I'm trying to find a cheap but efficient way to reinforce my armor too.

wow thats about the same it took me to make my armor haha

although i had a bunch of the materials already so thats why i saved money.

Well, it looks slightly like the chief. I say you need to redo it with pepakura though.
If you can't fiberglass, use AoBfrost's hot glue strengthening method;
If you don't have a printer, get one;
If you have a Mac, then someone *might* send you a PDF of the armor;
If you don't want to spend the time making a new one, fine. your choice.

Yeah I kinda saw that too <___<
I'm trying to achieve making good armor without paying a thing, just made out of what I have.
I prolly will end up spending something though >___> Paint most likely.

Robogenisis said:
Well, it looks slightly like the chief. I say you need to redo it with pepakura though.
If you can't fiberglass, use AoBfrost's hot glue strengthening method;
If you don't have a printer, get one;
If you have a Mac, then someone *might* send you a PDF of the armor;
If you don't want to spend the time making a new one, fine. your choice.

Why? Can't a guy just do a master chief armor the old fasion way? Geez. I know it looks kinda off, but im still adding details to most of the pieces.:lol: And Im not allowed to use resin or fiberglass :mad: But I would like to know where to find or how to do Aob's strengthening method.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what ever happened to a little thing called "originality" I'm glad to see that cardboard armor is becoming much more popular, though.

RadioactiV777 said:
I wonder what ever happened to a little thing called "originality" I'm glad to see that cardboard armor is becoming much more popular, though.

Thats exactly what I'm talking about. :D Thank you.

SpArtan-270 said:
Thats exactly what I'm talking about. :D Thank you.

I admire that you were able to make it recognizable from scratch (Don't think I could). I just don't think it looks as good as pep armor.
Now, HERE is the AoBfrost's hot glue strengthening method I talked about earlier. I think It has to do with lots of hot glue, an empty coffee tin, and a stove. :D

I made it from cardboard and loads of ducktape. ;) And its pretty sturdy. I got shot by an automatic airsoft and the BBs bounced right off.

im a big airsoft fan and automatic guns arnt too good they have a fast shooting time but the fps are not so good its eather one or another i shot my chest

Josh028.jpg

as seen in the right my costume is 5 cardboard layers thick and it put a hole in it

i shot it iwht my spring pistol (340 fps)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back