My Next Sculpt

Favorite Halo Helmet.

  • Mark Vl

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mark V

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CQB

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVA

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recon

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EOD

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ODST

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scout

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hayabusa

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Security

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rogue

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Krylon

Jr Member
Hey folks. Seems it's about time for me to give back. I have decided that i will use my talents to hand sculpt one of the many great Halo helmets. I do no have much clay so if anyone has any extra they are willing to donate i will sell you a helmet cast for half price when this is done guaranteed. I am majoring in Life Drawing and have a minor in sculpting Plus about 34 class hours of extra sculpting classes. I am pretty much able to produce blue realm quality work (even though he is still the greatest person ever). You will not be disappointed with the results and i hope the chosen helmet is the one you voted for. I am running low on money due to college and my sculpting classes are through so i currently have no clay. If you have any extra please donate (clay or money :p )!!! Thanks so much. Progress pics will be here too once clay is received by you gracious 405thers. I am completely dependent on you.


Your Pal, Comrade, and fellow Spartan,

Krylon


P.S. I am not very motivated to do Mark Vl Because so many GREAT ones are already readily availble. So if that's your favorite, would you mind choosing your second favorite? I would just love to see people wearing something other than MK Vl...thanks guys.



POLL DEADLINE IS JANUARY 20th. ALSO PLEASE MENTION BY THEN WHETHER OR NOT YOU CAN DONATE CLAY/Money. I'm banking on you guys. now get your votes in and leave some comments for further persuasion.
 

CrAzY CH13F

Member
the ODST helmet cast you might make will be halo 3 ODST yes? if so you got my vote, i can possibly donate if my paypal account won't bugger on me, it won't let me buy stuff from anyway. not sure about money transactions though. I will try to help. how much would the end product be and because i live in the UK would it be a problem?
 

NZTK

Well-Known Member
I'm interested to see how this turns out. Cant give you any clay sorry, mine is all in use at the moment, and I imagine sending clay from New Zealand would be a rather frivolous exercise Could you post some pictures of previous works?
 

Krylon

Jr Member
Also, Ive been away from my 360 for a while so i have a request. Can anyone take about 15-20 screenshots of their ODST helmet with the same secondary, primary and detail color (not black) and give me the link to view their bungie profile or simply tell me their gamertag and i'll look you up. BONUS this will be a great way to show off some of your other pics when peole visit the lik but all i need is some really close up detail screenshots of the ODST helmet for reference. Thanks Guys!!!!




To respond to you guys:
monetary donations are just as good as clay donations (no shipping )I appreciate the support and odst looks very likely though it can't happen without you guys. 10 bucks here 20 there goes a long way trust me.thank you all so much.for paypal payment details please pm me. Thanks again!


-Krylon

Ps yes it will be the odst armor helmet perm for a Spartan not the actual footsoldiers
 

Krylon

Jr Member
Presumed Price List:

Raw Cast: $200

Painted Cast: $215

Full Kit Unassembled(Cast, Paint, LED kit, Krimped Visors): $275

Complete Helmet (Painted, set visors, padded with a fan and LEDS): $350

Shipping: USA(connected 48 states)=$30 Out of USA=$60

If you donate $20 or 7 pounds of clay i will knock $75 off of your order down the road.

Ready to start when i recieve clay. Any reference pics? I have about $20 I can afford to spin so i'll pick up a little bit of clay and begin the detail work that will go onto the bulk of the helmet.
 

CrAzY CH13F

Member
ok i got ref. pics on my halo 3 profile just look for CH13FSTR1D3R 01, thats my bungie.net profile then just go on the CrAzY CH13F halo 3 user thingy and there u go, il post them up on here also.
 

CrAzY CH13F

Member
alot of images to load. hope these help krylon.




18340299-Full.jpg

18340390-Full.jpg

18340460-Full.jpg

18340508-Full.jpg

18340554-Full.jpg

18340553-Full.jpg

18341051-Full.jpg

18340627-Full.jpg
 

Reclaimer

New Member
NZ-TK said:
Could you post some pictures of previous works?
I agree with NZ-TK. You'll have a better chance with donations if people can gauge the quality of your sculptures if you provide pictures of previous work. Just a thought :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Gunnz777

Member
Krylon said:
Presumed Price List:

Raw Cast: $200

Painted Cast: $215

Full Kit Unassembled(Cast, Paint, LED kit, Krimped Visors): $275

Complete Helmet (Painted, set visors, padded with a fan and LEDS): $350

Shipping: USA(connected 48 states)=$30 Out of USA=$60

If you donate $20 or 7 pounds of clay i will knock $75 off of your order down the road.

Ready to start when i recieve clay. Any reference pics? I have about $20 I can afford to spin so i'll pick up a little bit of clay and begin the detail work that will go onto the bulk of the helmet.
I believe it is against the rules to post prices on the public boards... Keep it to PMs, maybe?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Krylon

Jr Member
UPDATE: I noticed that the ODST (the probable winner) has pretty simple shoulder plates, i may sculpt those too if their is any interest. Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe to chest.

DOUBLE UPDATE: Rogue and ODST are neck and neck with Hayabusa close behind. I never much liked the Rogue helmet. It like like a face with big jowls and a tiny mouth :p But this is a democracy so you're choice matters, now my opinion.

Reclaimer said:
I agree with NZ-TK. You'll have a better chance with donations if people can gauge the quality of your sculptures if you provide pictures of previous work. Just a thought :)

Sure ill gather up some of my best works. I generally sculpt small intricite things but this helmet will be fun to do. Ill try to post some pics tomorrow (with 405th written on my hand to prove they're all mine :p).

Gunnz777 said:
I believe it is against the rules to post prices on the public boards... Keep it to PMs, maybe?

Sorry bout that if its true. I'll wait for an official ruling to take them down.

CrAzY CH13F said:
ok i got ref. pics on my halo 3 profile just look for CH13FSTR1D3R 01, thats my bungie.net profile then just go on the CrAzY CH13F halo 3 user thingy and there u go, il post them up on here also.

Wow these reference pics are great, keep them coming if you can and i'll be sure to give you a discount ;) Perhaps some around the front of the jaw? Thanks man, you've been super helpful.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

CrAzY CH13F

Member
when you said ODST shoulder pads did you mean the shoulder pads in the pciture? or the real ODST pads, the shoulder pads in my pictures are Scout shoulder pads just and FYI =].

ok i have the pics but just can't upload them because image shack won't let me because of dynmaic img code or whatever and photobucket is under maintenance so il get them up for you Krylon at some point.
 

Krylon

Jr Member
CrAzY CH13F said:
when you said ODST shoulder pads did you mean the shoulder pads in the pciture? or the real ODST pads, the shoulder pads in my pictures are Scout shoulder pads just and FYI =].

ok i have the pics but just can't upload them because image shack won't let me because of dynmaic img code or whatever and photobucket is under maintenance so il get them up for you Krylon at some point.
no I meant the real odst shoulders.thanks for all the pics man!!!!!

UPDATE I realized there are no LED spots on the odst so the prices that included led kits will go down!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Krylon

Jr Member
Thank yo so much for your help Chi3f!!!!!


UPDATE: I am currently sketching from the reference pictures above and making slight, necessary changes. I will post sketches when inished to give you and idea of how it will look.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top