My Noble 6 Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanato

Ok, this is the first time I have ever done a Pep, resin, or Fiberglass... so tell me how bad it is... and pointers on were to improve in the future.

I've been on here for over a year but this is my first 'real' post.

All thats left (afaik) is Bondo, visor and paint.

Enjoy

1-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

3-2.jpg

4-1.jpg

5.jpg

6-1.jpg

~Thanato

Cut out the visor area and sanded it down as best I could... Should I apply resin in there or Bondo to seal in the spaces?

9-1.jpg

8-1.jpg

7-1.jpg

~Thanato

looks great man, keep up the great work =D
you already have more progress done than me =P i haven't even resined my helmet yet and i have had it for over a year

I started it because I was tired of sitting around looking at this cool stuff on here. Not going to make a suit or anything I just like helmets lol.

It helped keep my out of boredom while sitting in the shacks (slang for Barracks)

~Thanato

So i've started bondoing my helmet... since this is my first time doing it I ran into a few snags... but I think im nearing the end of my troubles. Anyway have a look and if you have any advice feel free because im sure I will use it :p

11-1.jpg

10.jpg

~Thanato

Looks like your doing the bondo work the right way not just plastering the stuff on thin coats is the way to go, only advice I can give is patience, just take your time and you will be happy with your results oh and welcome to the world of tons and tons of sanding. Keep up the great job

thanks, I've had to build up some area's as it didn't look right when I looked at it... but other then that bondo has gone on in thin coats... I think another days work (unfortinatly that wont be untill next week) and I'll be able to put on the primer and finish up the small detail stuff... anyway here is the latest images and as allways CC welcome :p

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

~Thanato

looking good. from what I can see in the pics the helmet looks pretty smooth. Some edges might want to be more definite and sharp but overall I love how this looks

my main problem is the depressions and getting them to have clean edges and ones that mirror the other side, I am basicly done everything else with the helmet just need to get this then sand with 400 grit sand paper and then prime then fix the little imperfections then paint. I have a dark tinted visor for me to install... so I have to do some more research on how to do that and I should be golden.

~Thanato

Since I cant work on my helmet while im at work (which is during the week) I decided to pep another helmet... its not perfect but it'll due... lol

Its a H3 Marine Helmet let me know what you think of this.

2-2.jpg

1-2.jpg

~Thanato

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back