My pep armor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8er4life

Ok i finished up my right fore arm 2 times. Its a little big but i like it that way looks cool. tell me how it is...this is my first ty at this kind of stuff. If i did it again i would scale it down another 10 0r 15 than what it is. I wont redo it unless you guys think i have to. I stuck a shirt in it and its fine but kinda hard to bend...i might do it again if i need to. here is the vid with out the shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NitjBB0u1Tk

comments?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to say, but the forearm looks too big. And the folding... I'm not gonna go there...

Take your time with your armor pieces. And I hope you weren't using regular printer paper there...

iamyourcousin228 said:
Ok i finished up my right fore arm 2 times. Its a little big but i like it that way looks cool. tell me how it is...this is my first ty at this kind of stuff. If i did it again i would scale it down another 10 0r 15 than what it is. I wont redo it unless you guys think i have to. I stuck a shirt in it and its fine but kinda hard to bend...i might do it again if i need to. here is the vid with out the shirt.

[...]

comments?
I have a few:
  1. You may have to read the scaling thread again. Looks like you're just arbitrarily putting the size for the piece.
  2. Another possibility is that since your body proportion is way different from MC, just measure the length of your forearm, add a couple of inches and then put this length in the Assembled Height box in Pepakura Designer. The resulting piece is going to be a lot closer to your size.
  3. Did you score the lines? The folds look very uneven.
  4. Take your time in lining up the edges. I can see some of the corners jutting out because of overlapping edges. They will make detailing more difficult later on.
  5. I saw a glint on the piece. Do not use transparent tape if you plan on putting resin later.
I can't overemphasize how important it is to take your time putting a pep file together. You don't want to be re-doing the same piece over and over.

Ral Partha said:
I have a few:
  1. You may have to read the scaling thread again. Looks like you're just arbitrarily putting the size for the piece.
  2. Another possibility is that since your body proportion is way different from MC, just measure the length of your forearm, add a couple of inches and then put this length in the Assembled Height box in Pepakura Designer. The resulting piece is going to be a lot closer to your size.
  3. Did you score the lines? The folds look very uneven.
  4. Take your time in lining up the edges. I can see some of the corners jutting out because of overlapping edges. They will make detailing more difficult later on.
  5. I saw a glint on the piece. Do not use transparent tape if you plan on putting resin later.
I can't overemphasize how important it is to take your time putting a pep file together. You don't want to be re-doing the same piece over and over.

im doing it again...im cutting it at a lower scale. what more do you want me to o with the folding? i followed the valley and mountain lines

Well, you put it together right, it just looks like you didn't put much effort into putting it together. Use 110lb card stock, make sharp folds by scoring with a razor or a pen, and do the best job you can with the gluing.

that is 110lb sardstock. Im actually goin to use the fold tut...usually i start it and get bored of that. so im doing that then building tonight.

iamyourcousin228 said:
that is 110lb sardstock. Im actually goin to use the fold tut...usually i start it and get bored of that. so im doing that then building tonight.
Heres how I look at PEP. And someone correct me if I'm wrong. I look at PEP as the foundation of the armor your building. After your done with your PEP, you'll have a very rough idea of how your armor will look. So since PEP is your foundation, you want to really go out of your way to do a good job with it. You need to get a metal ruler, and score your lines so they fold nicely. Take your time. You don't want your armor to look limp and uneven do you?

Well, I hate to sound harsh but, your like 8. Go out and enjoy being young instead of playing games that are for 18+. As for the armor take your time and read the stickies. Thats what there for.

im not 8 im 14! And whats wrong with halo and stuff? I did read the stickies...im scoring my tuff as we soeak. If you want pics of the scorng on my paper i would be happy to show you. did start the fold thing with pens...theni got bored so i quit it. now im doing it all over again. But the nmbers end up on the inside is there any way to shange that for the future?

iamyourcousin228 said:
im not 8 im 14! And whats wrong with halo and stuff? I did read the stickies...im scoring my tuff as we soeak. If you want pics of the scorng on my paper i would be happy to show you. did start the fold thing with pens...theni got bored so i quit it. now im doing it all over again. But the nmbers end up on the inside is there any way to shange that for the future?
If the number are on the inside, your doing something wrong.

Robogenisis said:
Well, you put it together right, it just looks like you didn't put much effort into putting it together. Use 110lb card stock, make sharp folds by scoring with a razor or a pen, and do the best job you can with the gluing.
Some stuff looks like it was smashed together. Also, the way you tossed those pieces, it showed you didn't handle them to carefully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back