My pepakura file keeps printing black. How do I fix it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypurr

I'm trying to make an ODST helmet for a cosplay by late February, but my printer just keeps printing a black page. The ODST Comm pack thing i printed was completely fine, and I even tried printing it again after the black page incident. I have no idea how to fix it and I completely suck with technology, but I NEED that helmet. Any Advice? (And a side note, how the heck do I make the visor? I'd like to make it as accurate as possible....) I need help ASAP!

When you say it is printing a black page, you mean the whole page is black, not that the parts you would cut out, correct? If that is the case, then I dont know what the problem is. Some one else might know what is happening, but I dont. I once tried to print out a Mk. VI but the pieces all came out red. But as far as a whole black page, I dont know, man. Have you tried any other ODST helmets to see if they would print out better?

One more thing before I go, before you print it out, take a look at the print preview. It is below the Print option in the File menu. It will give you a preview of what will print out, which can show you if any parts will get cut off the page in printing. Use it on the helmet you tried to print off to see if it come up black as you say.

When you say it is printing a black page, you mean the whole page is black, not that the parts you would cut out, correct? If that is the case, then I dont know what the problem is. Some one else might know what is happening, but I dont. I once tried to print out a Mk. VI but the pieces all came out red. But as far as a whole black page, I dont know, man. Have you tried any other ODST helmets to see if they would print out better?

One more thing before I go, before you print it out, take a look at the print preview. It is below the Print option in the File menu. It will give you a preview of what will print out, which can show you if any parts will get cut off the page in printing. Use it on the helmet you tried to print off to see if it come up black as you say.

Ok, so I deleted the file and downloaded it and it works perfectly fine now (I just had to fight my printer to print it...I won). Just like a few more questions that pertain to pepakura, and then I won't bother you any more.

1) How do I make the visor (and paint it in a way that allows me to see through it)?
2) How do I go about protecting(Not quite the word I was looking for, but I think you get the point) and paint the helmet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back