My progress on marine armor so far, I could use a pointer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannyd1023

Haha okay so I am new to the pepakura thing, and have been reading and watching vidios on it like a mad man. I decided i am going to try and make some Marine armor so far i have got 1 shoulder pad, 2 elbow pads, and 2 "boots" which look more like shin guards. I have been wanting to get started on the chest asset but I am a pretty big guy and having a hard time sizing it. The one i am using is "Vrogy Halo 3 marine".... I hate asking it and have not found anything on google for a different chest piece to use or try to see if i have any better luck with it.. or even if a odst chest rig could substitute? anyways any tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forums! The Halo 3 Marine is always a neat build to watch. I've been wanting to start my own for a while.

To my knowledge, Vrogy's is the only decent H3 Marine file out there. My suggestion for the chest piece is to scale it to the correct size based on height alone (don't work about width or anything like that). Then, pep only the front and back parts; don't pep the strapping parts under the arms that connect the two halves. To get it to fit, you're probably going to have to scratch build the strapping parts (I'd recommend foam).

If you have trouble getting the back portion to fit, try building it, then splitting it and adding paper spacers in to adjust the size and proportions of the piece.

Thanks i appriciate it! It is brilliant, I will give it a shot after this assault rifle is done ( i have a bad habit of loosing things haha) Thanks again!

okay lets see if i uploaded this picture the right way did not finish the rifle in one day like i had hoped haha but here is something xD311667_1393223920899553_421710823_n_zps573352b7.jpg

A word of advice, don't get too many pepped parts built up. Get some at least one coat of resin on everything soon. When a pepped piece sits around for an extended period of time, it has a tendency to warp (just from the change in temperature, humidity, etc. reacting with the unprotected paper). Don't rush it either; don't feel like you're against a clock, even if you are.

yeah resin would be a good way to keep your legs from looking like a brute chopper ran over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back