Here's progression since day 1.

Rogue1.jpg

Rogue2.jpg

Rogue3.jpg

Rogue4.jpg

Rogue5.jpg

Rogue6.jpg

Rogue7.jpg

Had finally completed papercrafting the helmet...after 7 days.

Rogue8.jpg

This is after putting some resin on the helmet..i did the coat on the outside first...but i really should of started on the inside. Which it still didn't turn out bad. Just would of turned out better.

1217081547.jpg

Start of my sanding.

1219081530.jpg

1219081530a.jpg

1219081531.jpg

What my helmet looks like currently.

CQBShoulder.jpg

Took me about an hour to do both C.Q.B. shoulders.

SuitSet2.jpg

Here is a picture of my shoulders and helmet together after they had been resined.

SuitSet3.jpg

This has my first picture of my right forearm in it as well as showing everything I had done at this point.

RightForearm.jpg

My Right Forearm was complete with the papercraft stage in this picture.

Chest1.jpg

The start of my Mark VI chest. I want to eventually put the C.Q.B. over it.

Chest2.jpg

1208082358.jpg

1210080046.jpg

1211080038.jpg

1213080104.jpg

1220081840.jpg

Latest picture of my chest and back papercraft.

1213080126a.jpg

This is the latest picture I have of everything together. I have been slowly working on this since September. The only thing I haven't been able to figure out what to do yet is how to do the interior of my helmet. If you guys have any suggestions of what I've done so far or help me in reference to the interior to my helmet, I would greatly appreciate it. Hope you guys enjoy my collection! Thanks.

Awsome work dude. Everything looks so perfectly folded, I swear you and bacon master are like really grabbin this one by the horns, it's taken me 1 1/2 months to get halfway done with a helm! But overall, you're doing a fantastic job. Keep up the good work, and don't stop now!

And welcome to the forums by the way. In case you haven't heard from someone else, there's donuts in the back ;)

And to answer your question, usually people use fiberglass on the inside to reinforce it, and then use resin and bondo on the outside for the smoothing.

Wow, that one shoulder piece on the torso armour looks annoying enough. Glad I'm not going for high detail.

Jessmo said:
Thanks for the positive feedback guys. I'll keep you guys updated as I progress. :D

I hate you LOL

Thats some good work there

you've already made 2 helms and the shoulders

and i still haven't finished my MRKV helm
good job and keep it up

Last edited by a moderator:
adventSpartanMatrix said:
I hate you LOL

Thats some good work there

you've already made 2 helms and the shoulders

and i still haven't finished my MRKV helm
good job and keep it up
he only has one, lol the eod in the back is mine :p

baconmaster6969 said:
he only has one, lol the eod in the back is mine :p

oh soz nice work on your helm as well

in regards to the inside of the helm
as heavygunner said people fiberglass the inside usually then they deal with the electrics and lastly they add padding so that the helm fits and doesn't slide/bounce around when you walk.

Yeah... i didn't quite make myself clear on what I was talking about on the inside of the helmet, that was my fault and I apologize. :p What I wanted to know is how to pad it. I had never seen any shots of the inside of a completed helmet for reference. Been trying to brainstorm on how to pad the inside and what kind of padding. Thanks for everyones help and positive thinking once again so far. I'm also thinking about vacuum forming my visor as well, I'll keep you guys posted on my progress on that as well as progress on the rest of my project. Thanks, Jessmo :cool:

[Edit: pics]
1222081800a.jpg

1222081801.jpg

1222081805.jpg

1222081806.jpg

primer.

Sorry I haven't done any posts lately. Don't worry though, I've still been working hard at my project! :D Here are some pics on what I've worked on since my last picture update. Enjoy!

Below are some shots of me using body filler, sanding, then priming for a second time.
1226080036.jpg

1226080035.jpg

1226081624.jpg

1226081624a.jpg

Here is after I had used body filler on and primed it.
1228081629.jpg

1228081629b.jpg

1228081630.jpg

1228081630a.jpg

The 3 above pictures are what it looks like currently. I still have a bit of smoothing to do, but it's getting there!!

This is the first of fiberglassing inside my right forearm piece.
1228081706.jpg

1228081706a.jpg

Last of them all are two recent shots of my HD chest.
1227080101.jpg

1228081715.jpg

Hope you enjoy! Feedback is always welcomed!!! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back