My Second Armor Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

4ng31

Jr Member
So, I doubt most of you guys remember me, btu I made this suit previously :

9i7e6b.jpg

Well...I was recently invited as a guest of honor at a Mexicon Sci-Fi convention - Tour ConComics (in before flu warnings)...and they requested I bring my armor...well, seeing as I gave my old set away to a friend (it's cool...but it was beat up...10 or so wearings has that effect), I got a month to build a new set.

Have some progress :

2dirka8.jpg

So far...CQB helmet almost smoothed completely and Robo's Mark 6 chest...kinda smoothed. I have most of the pieces built already, just need to get around to glassing and Bondo'ing them. Going with the CQB helm, Robo chest, Robo's forearm's (although modified a bit), Robo's rebraces and CQB shoulder pieces...and we'll see about the bottom half when I get there (well, the HD shins are being used for sure, but thighs still...dunno...)

More progress as it comes.

O, and forgot this...the reason my old suit is...well old was it was finished like, literally days before the beta rips came out...that sucked.

Also...I need a color...leaning towards steel or white...any suggestions?

A month seems pretty short in building a new set of armor but I wish you best of luck. To me I am a personal fan of a steel type of color but when it came to my helmet, the closest thing I can find is a grey gloss type. I'd try to go after my Halo 3 character color but this is close enough I suppose.
DSC_4943.jpg

Hey, hey! Long time, no see. Haven't seen you post around here for quite some time. Not since, uh... well, sometime last year, lol. Good to see you're browsing the forums again, dude :cool:

Because of the stupid server restrictions we have here at work I could only see the last WiP pic you posted (thank gawd for attachments), but... holy crap. What a pic. That is an amazing updgrade you're working on there.

I can already see you'll be putting real raised/recessed surface details into this one, as opposed to painting everything on like you did first time around.

And just so you know, despite how "old" your first suit of armour was, imho it was still pretty damn awesome. You made the details look so real, at a glance a person wouldn't even tell they weren't.

I've never seen anyone been able to detail a Mk VI suit the way you did, given you were working with the HALO 2 pep files. So, you deserve credit for that.

Personally, I think a month is doable, considering all the work you've managed to do so far. Can't wait to see more progress on this, heh.

Oh, and as for colour scheme, I think it would look really kewl if you did Gunmetal Grey for the base colour, and Metallic Charcoal for the accents. That would be really eye-catching. Just my opinion, though :D

EDIT: I saw on your profile you had actually posted a couple times earlier this year. Guess I missed those threads/posts. Just so much to read around here, lol.

delta38 said:
holy crap.. so you've been doing this non stop for the past month?! hectic job mate!! haha

Yeahhhh...it's been a busy past month, I'll just say that...

Last edited by a moderator:
What deid you use for the shoulder because they dont look like there from your spandexs?

Nice build just a few pieces left?

Spartan 051 said:
What deid you use for the shoulder because they dont look like there from your spandexs?

Nice build just a few pieces left?

Do you mean the pattern on the undersuit? It's actually a 1mm neoprene dive suit. It's thin so I can tolerate the heat, and has some pretty boss prints...only problem is it shows off my FAT (which, tbh, I have no idea where that came from...)

Hey guys...wanted to post some pics of the finished costume...was working on it till 6 in the morning the night before I left for the flight...so I never got any "finished" pics up anywhere...

Anyways...enjoy, I'm pretty happy with it!

9glc1l.jpg

11rzsd2.jpg

4gi6vs.jpg

They loved it down there...people were handing my their kids for pictures and $#!T...it was an AMAZING experience.

that looks really good man... great job

any plans on making a more accurate undersuit? also, you should take some more pics of it... that arent extremely white.

DreadMullet said:
that looks really good man... great job

any plans on making a more accurate undersuit? also, you should take some more pics of it... that arent extremely white.

Doubtful...it's a neoprene undersuit, so the texture is pretty boss...don't really have the time of funds to be making another.

And that's probably the only pics I'll have of it as I gave the con heads the helmet as a gift (wasn't really too fond of it), and one of my thighs snapped on the flight home. There are pieces that need redone, but I'm gonna take it slowly (no more deadlines :D ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back