My second piece of armor build. Still pretty new to this. How do I add to my thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
15608217168346282728008942024140.jpg
I'm gonna hault this build for a couple of weeks. Finals are coming up and I need to study.

Remember guys,.......its not necessary to get it finished in the quickest amount of time.......it's just to finish when you can, is the whole point. Take your time. Do it right. Don't rush.

Remember guys,.......its not necessary to get it finished in the quickest amount of time.......it's just to finish when you can, is the whole point. Take your time. Do it right. Don't rush.
I mean, I don't think taking your time and getting it done quickly have to be exclusive. You can optimize your process, and spend large chunks of time in a short span to get a lot done quickly without sacrificing quality.
I wasn't left with the impression they were going to sacrifice the quality of work to 'just get it done'

I mean, I don't think taking your time and getting it done quickly have to be exclusive. You can optimize your process, and spend large chunks of time in a short span to get a lot done quickly without sacrificing quality.
I wasn't left with the impression they were going to sacrifice the quality of work to 'just get it done'

True.....but in my exp....a rushed piece looks like a rushed piece. Regardless how long a build takes......real life sometimes takes priority. It's normal and happens........do what needs done.....the build will always be there when you get back.

True.....but in my exp....a rushed piece looks like a rushed piece. Regardless how long a build takes......real life sometimes takes priority. It's normal and happens........do what needs done.....the build will always be there when you get back.
Yeah, I agree with you. I was just trying to say I didn't think they were planning on rushing, just working on it a lot. Like, I could take my time and build a suit over a few months, but I can also probably build the exact same suit in a fraction of the time if I put all my freetime into it and didn't do anything else. That's more of what I was promoting, working hard, not working fast.

I'll agree with Dirtdives on this. Don't rush, otherwise you won't be happy with it and you'll just end up redoing stuff anyways, wasting time and money. If you need to meet a deadline, find ways to optimize time spend, and spend more time on it at once. Rushing is a mentality of getting things done as quickly as possible as if it were a checkbox, getting things done efficiently is about saving time that would've been otherwise wasted. I'm an engineer and making these kinds of time tradeoffs is a daily part of my job.

If Dirtdives still doesn't like that... well... listen to him over me. I'm relatively new and he's got more experience in suit building than I do.

Last edited:
I do beleive that is the mask evil Ted used in his visor tutorial build, and was also featured in a punished props video, and even in ace cosplay mysterio video! I reccomend checking out that evil red one, because I think there was some sort of con to it. I cant remember but it May have been that fingerprints get on it easily, or the mirror finish is really delicate, and they discuss on how they fixed it
The issue was that the chrome can rub off. I think Ted mentioned that he sprayed a clearcoat on it to protect the chrome.

The issue was that the chrome can rub off. I think Ted mentioned that he sprayed a clearcoat on it to protect the chrome.
If you can get your hands on it Alclad Klear Kote is the best clear protective finish I've used so far in terms of preserving transparency. A lot of clear sprays and varnishes like to fog or distort your vision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back