My Spartan III Build (Halo Reach)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thane

I N T R O
Heyo! The name's Thane, (or Jacob, either is cool) and this will be my first actual build/experience with foam-smithing! Aiming to do a Spartan III Reach build, just for sport really using mostly the Armory zip of the Reach foam files. All I've been really doing is just reading, reading, reading, and watching foam tutorials before I jump into this because it's a pretty big thing to jump into, so I'd rather not mess up. Anywho, if anyone has any REALLY good tips to share before I start as well, that'd be nice.
M A T E R I A L S
Eva Foam
(3/8" Thickness)
Craft Knife

Contact Cement
Heat Gun
Foam Sheets

(tell me if these will get the job done)

R E F E R E N C E
y2iqYxl.png

P R O G R E S S
1pTcDPq.jpg

Gonna be sending this to a friend to cut the visor out using a dremel, alongside cleaning up some marks!
(Props to the dude who made this)

Thanks for reading!
Will be keeping you guys updated!
P.S. If any of you have foam pep files to share with me, for the Commando shoulder (left), alongside the Eva shoulder (right) that'd be nice!

This should be an awesome build to follow along :) looking forward to seeing how it works out for you :)

Exciting times ahead I am sure

- JD

Well, in the past weeks while I was waiting for my actual knives to come in, I used a box cutter to cut the Commando shoulder piece and granted though they weren't the cleanest cuts, they did the job.
lqRHhHo.jpg

JzgD71o.jpg

And I think I need to bend the shoulder part with the heat gun a lil more.

Kaloo, kalay! I finally got my knives on Monday and starting cutting.
I first started out with the bicep.
8lKZeoP.jpg

Wrq3AmG.jpg
sCXgUle.jpg

Yeah, I know not the cleanest cuts or the cleanest gluing but I'll try to fix it all with drywall putty and sanding eventually! And besides, the commando shoulder piece will be covering it anyways so I just decided it wouldn't hurt that bad.

Onwards!

I did the left forearm next and I thought it was actually decent for my first time really cutting.
6Suu7QR.jpg

Q7aoqfI.jpg

LM5ydMF.jpg

Sorry for the blurry pictures by the way, phone isn't the best at doing its job with taking pictures! Regardless, Im pretty proud of the progress I've made in these few short days, and with everything I've done so far as a test fit, here's this.
gIxV8EO.jpg

So yeah, that's progress so far! Probably will start the leg items and such afterwards, then the right side of the body. Thanks for reading! :D

Looking good!

Have you considered trying contact cement for the joins? It changed my world and I'll never go back haha

Hey Thane, great job so far, despite the blurry pics. The forearm looks like it fits perfectly....the bicep looks a bit on the big side.....

Hey Thane, great job so far, despite the blurry pics. The forearm looks like it fits perfectly....the bicep looks a bit on the big side.....
Bicep is in scale with forearm and helmet, except I don't have spartan-sized biceps unfortunately, so I have to make do and make it fit through another template I made around my arm. Regardless, I'll try to do it better next costume, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back