Props My Spiker Is Getting A Big Brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smick6

I am in the beginning stages of making a larger brute spiker. I figured I would start a build thread for you all. Someone on here has asked me to make a low to medium detailed version but in a larger size. More pics will follow. I will be cutting and test fitting some stuff this weekend. Step one is done. Made the template and transfered to MDF. Check out the size difference. It will be more in line with the Weta size, or that one video.

So, is this oversized, of just full-scale?

When I first saw that actual scale of these at Halopedia I was shocked... them Brutes are big! ;)

Sean Bradley said:
So, is this oversized, of just full-scale?

When I first saw that actual scale of these at Halopedia I was shocked... them Brutes are big! ;)

It is just full scale. Or at least close to it. It does seem huge, I dont know about dual wielding these.

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck with your large spiker. but im pretty sure that its nothing you cant handle. cant wait to see the finished product

Few updates. I am building it in layers just like the last one. Coming along pretty well. Will be cutting the front section in a day or so, when I do the spike grenade blades. Dont mind the messy work bench, someone must have came in and tossed my tools all over. I would never work like that. o_O

0410091446.jpg
0411091145a.jpg
0413091705.jpg
0413091704.jpg
0413091707.jpg

Few more pics. Nothing is final here, just mock up stages. Some of the details are drawn on to judge sizing of stuff, have no fear, the real details will be added.

0421092139.jpg
0421092138.jpg

hot damn that thing is going to be big... looking good so far.

by the way what ever happen to the Needler? there was like an 8 page thread that came to the conclusion you were going to make it... and now nothing?

yea needler would be cool but the spiker is coming along awsomely and how are you planning on adding the details, are you going to use a chisel like leekegan

box o crayons said:
yea needler would be cool but the spiker is coming along awsomely and how are you planning on adding the details, are you going to use a chisel like leekegan

Sorry Dread, the needler is on hold but it will be back on in the future. I did buy some el lighting for testing as well as some acrylic hex rod. Plus I have a ton of reference photos ready as well.
The larger spiker is for Peter Coopers project, if he likes it. :D I needed to concentrate on that and the spike grenade, he might also use.

For detailing I typically add to what you see there. Usually I will use styrene, mdf and sculpted details out of epoxy sculpt. The main body is mdf so using a chisel is not a great idea. Its doesnt really work like wood. I plan out the build to add details in layers, its just my method of maddness

Even as a mock-up build, it's still pretty impressive. Can't wait to see the finished product, buddy! :D

smick6 said:
Few updates. I am building it in layers just like the last one. Coming along pretty well. Will be cutting the front section in a day or so, when I do the spike grenade blades. Dont mind the messy work bench, someone must have came in and tossed my tools all over. I would never work like that. o_O

[/QUOTE]

That's just the sign of a masterpiece in the works, dude ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back