Props My Tactonyx DMR Restoration Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nintendude

I finally recieved my Tactonyx Franfen DMR in the mail today after it was sent out on the 1st, stupid USPS took thier time getting it here, and after opening the box I was astonished that it would be so big. Now looking at the photo there are several things that need to be worked on to make this prop look awesome. First I will work from back to front on it after the seam line is cleaned up. First I will have to order some apoxie sculpt to fill in some large air bubbles on the back of the gun and sand some areas of imperfections alng the body of the back, then as you can see in the photo there is part of a grip on the gun which will be removed by a jigsaw blade and attached to the front half of the rifle. Now there is some apoxie sculpt I believe on the front part grip which will be sanded and cleaned so it is perfect looking this will have to be done by hand. Next the damaged front sight will be sanded down and the new sight attached. Then the top barrel will be cut, cleaned and attached where it needs to be attached. With all of this done everything is attached together with 2 part epoxy, the seperation line filled and cleaned up and the gun will be painted. Looking foward to sharing my progress on this restoration. This will be fun.
2jcwqd5.jpg

Looks like you have some work ahead of you buddy. But the results should be well worth it.

Yeah, as you can tell, I started working on it with the intention of painting and selling it. With the DMR in it's current state, I was going to cut holes out for the trigger and fire selector, and put in moving parts, and I was also thinking of hollowing out the mag well. Obviously I never got around to it. Also I find that bondo works better than apoxie sculpt, as the scult has a hard time sticking to the cured resin.
Can't wait to see what you do with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back